Happiness comes with practice, patience, attention, action, and conscious loving choices. Here’s a different kind of daily to do list to keep you as happy as possible today, because I think that’s the best way to go through life.
“What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it.” – Unknown
Though happiness may mean something different to everyone, there are some common themes that I write about often, because I believe they’re intricately connected to being happy:
This list is a snapshot of my daily routine, which incorporates these themes–these qualities of happiness. I actually wrote this daily to do list to remind myself of my happy intentions and my commitment to enjoying this day, because I definitely get pulled away from joy and need reminding. I hope it inspires you to do the same.
By resting the foundation of your day on these positive concepts, I truly believe that happiness will become a permanent fixture in your everyday life, and a recurring theme in your heart. Feel free to print this list out and put it somewhere where you can glance at it every day.
Many of these positive practices are linked to a blog post with more inspiring content about that topic; if you’re interested in practicing any of these “to dos” today, click the link to fuel your happy intentions.
Enjoy this day.
A Daily To Do List: Little Reminders for a Happier Life
- Start my day slow.
- Repeat my favorite morning affirmations.
- Affirm to be happy.
- Leave the house on a positive note.
- Let go of what I can’t control, of what doesn’t serve my joy or growth, of negativity, and of what belongs in the past or in the future.
- Believe something good is in the works.
- Move in ways that I enjoy (I love yoga).
- Listen to my favorite music (and sing along with it, however silly I might sound).
- Do what I feel in my heart to be right.
- Be honest.
- Laugh at myself.
- Teach by example.
- Surround myself with positive people.
- Pause before responding to negativity.
- Practice being patient.
- Learn something new, even if it’s a small something.
- Remind myself of my “why,” my core mission and motive for what I’m doing (for me, that means to be happy).
- Talk to someone I love.
- Say “I love you.”
- Say “thank you.”
- Eat food that makes me happy.
- Keep complaining to a minimum.
- Be my own best friend, and practice self-love.
- Love my body as best as I can.
- Honor what my gut tells me; trust my intuition.
- Live in the present moment.
- Breathe deeply.
- Remember that this too shall pass.
- Relish in how big the world is.
- Go outside and look up.
- Trust the process of life, even just a little bit.
- Do my best and forgive the rest.
- Be willing to forgive others, forgive situations, and forgive myself.
- Believe in myself and my dreams.
- Remember that I can create my own sunshine and bring the joy.
- Try to be a light in someone’s cloud.
- Be kind, especially when it’s really hard to do.
- Give without expectation.
- Smile at someone; smile at life.
- Be curious versus judgmental.
- Appreciate all the blessings in my life, and write them down.
- What do you do every day to be a happier human, a more loving person, and a more peaceful soul?
- Would you add anything to this daily to do list?
- What are you going to practice today?
Please share your loving thoughts, happy practices, lessons, and experiences with me in the comments.
Share this daily to do list with someone you wish only love, peace, and happiness for.
Keep smiling and shining your light; you never know who might need a little love today.