Bob Marley’s lyrics and words continue to enlighten people all around the world. These Bob Marley quotes are brilliant tributes to life here on earth, and the love and joy we’re meant to embody during our time here.
“Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can’t.” – Johnny Depp
Bob Marley was an advocate for inner peace and world peace through the power of love and equality. He stood for compassion and understanding, and he surely worked to make the world a better place than he found it.
Bob Marley wrote about looking within before pointing fingers at others; he suggested that we live with the intention of helping instead of hurting. His songs were calls for love instead of hate and peace instead of war (internal and in the world).
He taught about lighting up the darkness with a thing called love.“Man is a universe within himself.” ― Bob Marley Click To Tweet
This collection is full of small nuggets of inspiring wisdom that have on many occasions brightened my day. If you need a reminder to choose love, I hope any of these Bob Marley quotes inspire you to have a better day by prioritizing peace and harmony instead of war and chaos.
Sometimes we just need a melodic reminder to wake up and live…
23 Enlightening Bob Marley Quotes
1. “When one door is closed, don’t you know that many more are open.” ― Bob Marley
2. “The day you stop racing, is the day you win the race.” ― Bob Marley
3. “Though the road’s been rocky, it sure feels good to me.” ― Bob Marley“Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.” ― Bob Marley Click To Tweet
5. “One love, one heart. Let’s get together and feel alright.”
6. “Overcome the devils with a thing called love.” ― Bob Marley
7. “Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you riding through the ruts, don’t complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don’t bury your thoughts. Put your vision to reality. Wake up and live!” – Bob Marley
8. “Love the life you live. Live the life you love.” ― Bob Marley
9. “You never know how strong you are, until being strong is your only choice.” ― Bob MarleyBeing vulnerable is the only way to allow your heart to feel true pleasure. ― Bob Marley Click To Tweet
11. “Beginnings are usually scary, and endings are usually sad, but it’s everything in between that makes it all worth living.” – Bob Marley
12. “Every man got the right to decide his own destiny.” ― Bob Marley
13. “Don’t gain the world and lose your soul; wisdom is better than silver or gold.” ― Bob Marley
14. “Live for yourself and you will live in vain; Live for others, and you will live again.” ― Bob Marley“Love would never leave us alone.” ― Bob Marley Click To Tweet
16. “Don’t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright.” ― Bob Marley
17. “Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our minds.” ― Bob Marley
18. “Open your eyes, look within. Are you satisfied with the life you’re living?” – Bob Marley
19. “Just because you are happy it does not mean that the day is perfect but that you have looked beyond its imperfections.” ― Bob Marley
20. “Judge not, before you judge yourself. Judge not, if you’re not ready for judgment.” – Bob Marley“It is better to win the peace and to lose the war.” – Bob Marley Click To Tweet
22. “Money is numbers and numbers never end. If it takes money to be happy, your search for happiness will never end.” ― Bob Marley
23. “The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.” ― Bob Marley
- Which quotes resonate with you? What do they mean for you?
- Do you have any favorite Bob Marley quotes or words that aren’t listed here?
Please share your thoughts, favorite quotes, and any stories related to any of these quotes with me in the comments.
Share these Bob Marley quotes with someone who would appreciate them.
It’s okay to feel the rain and to feel your pain; open your heart to the discomfort and let it pass through you. When you remember your own power to light up your life, you become a light (an inspiration, an example) for others.