Life is beautiful, though some days we need to look a little harder to see the beauty. For that reason, I’ve gathered some of my favorite quotes about life to refresh your perspective and remind you of what a wonderful gift it is to be alive.
“Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where others see nothing.” – Camille Pissaro
It’s our task to learn to appreciate life even when it’s not perfect, for it rarely ever is.
Beautiful things are imperfect and flawed people are beautiful. We all have clouds, but we also have the ability to come out from behind our clouds and continue to shine. We all fall and stumble, yet that’s usually when life reveals its beauty to us.
Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations, and sometimes the wrong choices bring us to the right places. All life is a journey of oneself to oneself.
Happiness isn’t even the destination—the fulfillment of what we wish for—but an appreciation of what we have and who we are right now, on our way to becoming closer to who we’re meant to be.Life is a gift. Never take it for granted. – Sasha Avevedo Click To Tweet
Beauty is in the gratefulness we feel for the moments we encounter. Beauty is in the way we choose to see the world, for life can be madness and it can be magic; the beauty we see depends on the lens through which we see. True beauty resides in, and extends from, the soul.
I hope these quotes about life prompt you to open your heart to the treasures that lie before you, even if you can’t see them with your eyes.
31 Quotes about Life and the Beauty That’s in Everything
1. “When you arise in the morning think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive, to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.” – Marcus Aurelius
2. “Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.” – Soren Kierkegaard
3. “Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson“What we see depends mainly on what we look for.” – John Lubbock Click To Tweet
5. “Understanding is the first step to acceptance, and only with acceptance can there be recovery.” – J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
6. “Beauty is how you feel on the inside and it reflects in your eyes.” – Sophia Loren
7. “Oh yes, the past can hurt. But you can either run from it, or learn from it.” – Rafiki, The Lion King“Where there is love there is life.” – Gandhi Click To Tweet
9. “And, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.” – Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
10. “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.” – Mark Twain
11. “Be glad of life because it gives you the chance to love and to work and to play and look up at the stars.” – Henry Van Dyke“Everything has its beauty, but not everyone see its.” – Confucius Click To Tweet
13. “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, ‘Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?’ Actually, who are you not to be?” – Marianne Williamson, Return to Love
14. “Life is very interesting. In the end, some of your greatest pains become your greatest strengths.” – Drew Barrymore“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” – Mae West Click To Tweet
16. “People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkles and shine when the sun is out, but when darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is light from within.” – Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
17. “The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen.” – Elisabeth Kübler-Rossre
18. “Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.” – Proverb“I do not believe this darkness will endure.” – J.R.R. Tolkien Click To Tweet
20. “Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.” – Vivian Greene
21. “Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.” – Dumbledore
22. “The very center of your heart is where life begins—the most beautiful place on earth.” – Rumi“Keep looking up… that’s the secret of life…” – Snoopy Click To Tweet
24. “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched—they must be felt with the heart.” – Helen Keller
25. “Love is what we are born with. Fear is what we learn. The spiritual journey is the unlearning of fear and prejudices and the acceptance of love back in our hearts. Love is the essential reality and our purpose on earth. To be consciously aware of it, to experience love in ourselves and others, is the meaning of life. Meaning does not lie in things. Meaning lies in us.” – Marianne Williamson“Be the change you wish to see in the world.” – Gandhi Click To Tweet
27. “Simplicity, patience, compassion. These three are your greatest treasures. Simple in actions and thoughts, you return to the source of being. Patient with both friends and enemies, you accord with the way things are. Compassionate toward yourself, you reconcile all beings in the world.” – Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching
28. “Is it so bad, then, to be misunderstood? Pythagoras was misunderstood, and Socrates, and Jesus, and Luther, and Copernicus, and Galileo, and Newton, and every pure and wise spirit that ever took flesh. To be great is to be misunderstood.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
29. “Keep smiling, because life’s beautiful and there’s so much to smile about.” – Marilyn Monroe“In the midst of winter, I found there was within me an invincible summer.” – Albert Camus Click To Tweet
31. “Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle.” – Christian D. Larson
- In what ways is life still beautiful in your eyes?
- Are you willing to appreciate where you’ve been, and where you stand in this moment?
- When has focusing on the positive aspects of a situation, and the blessings in the storm, brought you peace and realigned you with love?
Please share your thoughts, any favorite quotes about life, precious lessons learned so far, how you keep your love for life alive, and any stories with me in the comments.
Share this collection with someone who might appreciate a dose of inspiration.
It’s up to you to see the beauty of everyday things; they’re there, you sometimes just have to look with a new perspective to see them.
Free feather clip art by Angie Makes; lettering by Aim Happy.