Energy most certainly attracts more of its own kind. You are a magnet for what you focus your energy on most intently. Bring positive energy to the forefront of your life, and give it where it’s needed, and you will attract positive energy, in many different forms.
“Positive energy is attracted to positive energy.” – Deborah Day
Attract Positive Energy by Dwelling in That Mental/Emotional State
I consciously attract positive energy to me by radiating positive energy from within.
You have the power to create more positive experiences in your life by being a source of positive energy in the world. You’re that powerful because you’re worthy of being at peace inside and living in joy. You’re meant to enjoy life, because you are life, expressing itself.
The way to attract positive energy is to bring the positive energy.
Leading a happy life begins within, always within.
Life doesn’t need to be perfect by our standards, or by any means, to be worthy of our appreciation and celebration. If we always wait for life to give us something to be happy and positive about before we’re allowed to be happy, we’ll be doing a lot of waiting.
In fact, when we celebrate something in life we solidify reason to celebrate. When we appreciate something, we open ourselves up to more that we can appreciate. Whatever we focus on intently—whether we’re focusing on what we want or what we don’t want—is what will be reflected back to us, amplified and multiplied.
Don’t be fooled into thinking that life must look perfect through your eyes in order to feel wonderful now.
Perfection is based on perception, anyhow, which by its very nature is limiting and therefore never wholly true. It cuts up the whole reality into pieces we agree with. What I usually find is that a slight shift in perception is all it takes to begin a shift in how life feels on the inside, which changes everything that follows.
We have a say in how joyful life feels, and when we accept that truth we can know for certain that life is responding to us, too, and not just the other way around. We have a say in how life feels for us.
The inner life experiences we have reflect the energy we’re bringing to life. It’s not just about what life is giving us, but about how we accept what’s been given to us, that paints the picture of how our lives play out.
Be Present with the Positive AND the Negative
I acknowledge the places that are lacking in love, light and positivity, and I choose to give those qualities where they’re needed most.
Negative energy is but a plea for love. Someone’s behavior is either an act of love or a call for love. If it’s not love, it’s because love has been forgotten. With that mindset, we give ourselves the option of choosing love instead of breeding more fear and negativity.
We don’t attract positive energy by rejecting negative energy.
We repel negative energy by acknowledging it for what it is: a form of fear, a forgetfulness of love and joy. With this in mind, we can start giving love where we hear it calling most loudly. If we don’t know how to give love to a loveless situation, we can at least just bless it (acknowledge the core of what it is, without rejection) and move on.
This doesn’t mean we need to hug and kiss everyone we see or don’t like; it simply means we don’t give in to the negativity and the fear. We can’t fight fear with fear, anyway. What we can do is recognize it, rise above it, bless it, and move on with gratitude in our hearts that we’re blessed with the ability to even make that decision.
Negative emotions are part of the learning process. Tears are healing teachers. They’re signals that we can either numb or learn from. Numbing negative emotions tends to dull the good feelings, too, so it limits our capacity to feel the fullness of life. If we ignore them, they nag us. If we don’t learn from them, they keep showing up.
There is nothing wrong with negative emotions.
We must be present with the positive and the negative if we’re to understand joy better.
We don’t need to turn our backs on the darkness we see in the world, but we don’t need to dive into it, either.
Remember that love and positive energy appear when you shine the light of your awareness and presence on them; don’t wait for positivity to grab your attention with shiny, happy circumstances or events—grab its attention. In other words, attract its likeness by giving your devoted energy to what you do enjoy, appreciate, and want more of.
Bring Conscious Intent to What You Think, Feel, Say and Do
I attract what I focus my mental and emotional energy on most.
Here are a few examples of how we can consciously attract positive energy into our life situations, no matter what our current situation is:
- Choose to forgive, because it’s a decision to devote more energy to loving your life than to feeding the negative energy of the initial insult.
- Take a moment to pause. Take a deep breath, and interrupt whatever chaos or noise or stress you’ve been overwhelmed by, consumed with, or attached to. Take more moments of stillness like this. These are periods of rest and refreshment, getting us back on track with what we DO want to experience.
- Visualize what the positive energy might look and feel like in your life. If you want something, how would it feel to have it? If you want to live in peace or joy, what shifts might need to occur? What would it feel like to have what you want be a reality? See it with your heart. FEEL it like it already is.
- Talk about what you like and want more of, because it’s a decision to devote more energy to what you enjoy than to feeding the energy of what you don’t like or want more of.
- When you see the world in need of love and healing, look for the helpers. Be a helper. Be here to create, not destroy, and to love in the face of fear, to shine your light in the darkness. Of course, don’t avoid the darkness (negativity, anger, destruction), but focus intently on the light (healing, helping, building).
Again, contemplate how you want to feel. Visualize what positive energy could look like in your life—not just in form, but in the feeling of life underneath that form. Focus on these things. It’s like shining a mental spotlight on the core essence of what you desire, and feeling that light resonate in every bone in your body.
Think of your every thought, word, emotion, and next action as contributing to the world you live in, as you experience it. You’re an active participant in every experience through the way you experience it. How you experience something will be reflected back to you in future experiences.
The energy we give is the energy in which we live.
Our mental and emotional energetic vibration is a form of currency, and possibly the most powerful currency we can use to attract positive energy (and whatever else we’d like to experience more of).
- In what ways can you attract positive energy today? Get specific about how you want to feel.
- Are you willing to send positive energy into the world when it’s easier (and tempting) to stay negative?
- Can you think of a time when a feeling you prioritized now led to more of its likeness in the future?
Please share your thoughts, any positive shifts you’ve experienced through conscious intent, how you manifest more of what you want, and any helpful or healing stories with me in the comments.
Share this post with someone who could use some positive energy today.
The universe gives you what you give.
Free watercolor texture by cgarofani, with lettering by Aim Happy.