In our presence, we’ll find our power to enjoy true success now, instead of seeing it as a future event or destination. Enjoy these positive affirmations for success, because they can help align you with the “joy of being,” the true measure of a job well done.
“What the world doesn’t tell you—because it doesn’t know—is that you cannot become successful, you can only be successful. Don’t let the mad world tell you that success is anything other than a successful present moment. And what is that? There’s a sense of quality in what you do, even the most simple action. Quality implies care and attention, which come with awareness. Quality requires your Presence.” – Eckhart Tolle, A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life’s Purpose
True Success Is Connected to the Journey, Not the Destination
In his book, A New Earth, Eckhart Tolle writes: “The decision to make the present moment a friend is the end of the ego.” He explains how the ego can never be aligned with the present moment, because the present moment is life. The ego, that unconscious phantom self, lives in the past and future, but never now.
The ego treats the present moment either as an enemy, an obstacle, or a means to an end.
This is the basic concept that underlies the conventional notion of success.
We push to make things happen and achieve something great, to become successful. More often than not, we do this from a frantic state of doing, but lack the quality of being. The present moment is not our friend, because success is not here; it is “there.”
We believe it’s okay if we pollute ourselves and the world with negative energy getting to our destination, as long as our destination is someday reached.
Why do we do this? I’m familiar with Eckhart’s thoughts on this dilemma:
The unconscious assumption behind all such action is that success is a future event and that the end justifies the means. But the end and the means are one. And if the means did not contribute to human happiness, neither will the end. The outcome, which is inseparable from the actions that led to it, is already contaminated by those actions, and so will create further unhappiness. This is karmic action, which is the unconscious perpetuation of unhappiness.
To recognize that this entire life journey always consists only of the step we’re taking in the moment, is to befriend the present moment. We give the moment our fullest attention and care. We don’t give up our destination, but we embrace the journey there because we cannot find joy at the destination if we did not bring joy with us along the way.When doing becomes infused with a timeless quality of being, that is success. – Eckhart Tolle Click To Tweet
The ego loves to resist this step in our journey. It’s when we practice nonresistance that we tap into the power to achieve much more than we thought possible. There is a power in presence, and without it every success becomes a passing delusion, our attention always being drawn to the next problem to solve.
Calm awareness is much more fruitful than “making it happen,” because things do happen, and they happen easier.
Ask yourself, “What is my relationship with the present moment?” What you’re really asking is, “What is my relationship with life?”
Your “Joy of Being” Hints at Success
Your “vibration” is a beautiful way of referring to your overall energetic state of being. When you focus on your vibration—how you’re doing something—you’ll notice that you attract more of that energy into your experiences.
You don’t have to try so hard to make things happen if you place your attention on how you’re being rather than what needs to happen.
A high frequency of vibration is a match for higher frequencies of vibration, just as low vibes are a match for low vibes. Negative energy feeds on negativity, and positive energy is a magnet for positive energy.Positive change doesn't happen by force; real change happens from a place of higher energy. Click To Tweet
I’ve noticed that when I’m in a high frequency of vibration—I feel good, calm, clear, empowered, inspired, energized, connected to the present moment–things flow and I don’t have to push so hard. When I’m in a state of nonresistance (which in no way means I’m not doing my best) I already feel successful, because I am.
I co-create more success than I ever could from a place of struggle and stress.
When I’m inundated with distractions from the past and future—when I’m focused on what’s happened before, and what needs to happen—I struggle with my work.
I do my best work when I’m in a state of surrender. I still work hard, but there’s more joy involved; the experience of “work” is replaced with the experience of “attention,” and that feels so much better. Everything flows with greater ease when I’m in this space.
Spiritual teacher Gabby Bernstein reminds us that resistance creates more resistance. To create a movement out in the world, we must first create a movement within. “We think it’s something we need to do,” she says, “but it’s really something we need to be.”
If you feel stuck in your work or your life, and you’re really trying to make your goals happen, remember that the law of attraction is really about allowing. Try using some of the following affirmations for success to remind yourself that when you focus on how you’re being, you can get far more done and you’ll do better work.
These affirmations for success can be powerful, simply because they’re direct reminders that your presence is your power to be successful.
21 Positive Affirmations for Success Here and Now
1. Success is accessible right here, right now, and I can tap into it through nonresistance and joy.
2. Manifesting is far more about my energy than it is my actions.
3. My success lies in my capacity to enjoy how I’m doing whatever I’m doing.
4. How I do what I do matters more than what I do.My happiness determines my success. Click To Tweet
6. I embrace the joy of being, and thus being flows into doing.
7. Success does not come from what I do alone, but from how I do it.
8. I befriend the present moment by showing up for it without resistance.
9. My present-moment energy is the key to my success.
10. I draw true success from my attention and care for the present moment.
11. My joyful state of being magnetizes magnificence.I measure my success by how much fun I'm having. – Gabby Bernstein Click To Tweet
13. As long as I’m in alignment with the divine, everything is going to work out better than I had planned.
14. When I’m in the place of being and not doing, things happen and they happen easier.
15. I am committed to doing from a place of being.
16. I don’t need to do more; I need to do more from a place of being.
17. The ease with which I experience this moment draws success into my life.When there's more joy in what I'm doing, what I'm doing creates more joy. Click To Tweet
19. My presence is my connection to everything.
20. Through my presence, new avenues open up for me that are usually closed to me when I’m trying too hard.
21. Any action I take from a place of spirit is the most successful move I can make.
- How can you implement any of these affirmations for success into your life, right now?
- How are you currently in a state of doing, and how can you move into a place of being?
- What does personal success mean for you?
- Can you bring more care and attention to this step, instead of waiting to experience the joy of living somewhere else?
Please share your thoughts, positive effects of your presence, helpful insights, lessons learned in success, and any stories with me in the comments.
Share these affirmations for success with someone who might appreciate this concept.
Refocus on how you are being.
Free watercolor art by Craftsberry Bush; lettering by Aim Happy.