I decided to pen some affirmations for healing your body because I’m in the process of healing my own. May these words serve your journey away from the hard fight and into a new way of looking at things.
“As a doctor, let me tell you what self-love does: It improves your hearing, your eyesight, lowers your blood pressure, increases pulmonary function, cardiac output, and helps wiring the musculature. So, if we had a rampant epidemic of self-love then our healthcare costs would go down dramatically. So, this isn’t just some little frou-frou new age notion, oh love yourself honey. This is hardcore science.” – Dr. Christiane Northrop, Hungry for Change
I feel like I’ve been wrangling with my body for years, both internally, silently, and in a frustrated outspoken tone. This isn’t a battle to be won, though I wasn’t even aware until recently that I had been fighting my own body and mind for such a long time.
When we fight ourselves, it’s always a losing game. When we show up for ourselves with love instead of clenched fists, things do begin to change.
We don’t need to fight with our bodies in order to mold them into the perfect shape, and the internal battles we face every day certainly won’t soothe our broken places. What we can do is soften into another way of being in our bodies, and in the world. This softening is really a strengthening.This body is not an object of shame, but a vehicle for spreading the light you're here to bring. Click To Tweet
I think we can truly begin to heal when we say to ourselves: “We have some patterns to dissolve, but we can do this together. We can get through this and come out the other side, but just know that I love you right now and I’ll keep loving you through this journey.”
Myself, I’ve learned that if I want to love who I am and how I feel eventually, I must bring in that love now, in any small ways I can. I need to get as willing as possible to work love into how I live now if I ever want to find that love later on. All efforts count.
May these affirmations for healing your body be a stark reminder that every moment of self-acceptance is a victory. One heartbeat at a time, you can feel better. I believe that whatever it is you’re going through physically right now, one shift in attention is what’s going to make a big difference.
I’ll be making all of these small right efforts too, and I’ll try to do so from a place of ease…
30 Nourishing and Necessary Affirmations for Healing Your Body without Being at War
1. Through these words I’m speaking now, I am physically and emotionally connected to an abundant source of healing.
2. As I begin to focus more on how I can heal, new ideas and inspiration will come into my life.
3. I welcome all perspectives, because anything can help me uncover new ways to feel better, live healthier, and love life more.
4. I bow to the practice of being easy on myself. This reverence brings ease into my body.
5. I’m willing to get as willing as possible to embrace the very parts of me that need love the most.There is healing available to you, but you must become available to yourself first. Click To Tweet
6. Each day brings new priorities. I may want to focus on nourishing foods, or increasing my water intake, or taking a walk in nature, or choosing better-feeling thoughts. I embrace the message of each day and do my best to answer the calls from within, telling me what’s best for this season of my life.
7. I welcome all the people, things, events, and circumstances that will help me heal and grow.
8. I have become a priority in my life. My health and healing matters. I’m worthy of a life that feels good to live.
9. I am learning to be at peace with who I am now, and I’m excited about who I can be.
10. Any insecurities I’ve been avoiding and perpetuating, may they be dissolved little by little each time I face them with a forgiving mindset and a self-compassionate stance.
11. I’m ready to release the stories in my head and forgive myself for believing everything my inner critic has ever said. I know there is healing ahead.Your body is the barometer of truth; it knows what's real before any other part of you knows. Click To Tweet
12. I’m actively learning to fall in love with taking care of myself.
13. Every time I think healing thoughts, my body responds in kind.
14. I choose thoughts that activate my potential for healing.
15. I recognize any residual negativity in my mind and body, I hear its message, and I transform it into new, more helpful energy now.
16. I have a healthy appetite for food that nourishes every cell in my body.
17. I treat my body with respect because it’s how I can best spread light on this planet.
18. The non-physical in me honors the physical me.“Living in approval of yourself is the antidote to worry.” – Nancy Levin Click To Tweet
19. I’m ready to pay more attention to what I do like about myself and want for myself, instead of what I’m frustrated about not having or being.
20. Self-compassion can help me respond to perceived setbacks in a healthy and hopeful way.
21. I am dissolving old, painful patterns and letting a new pattern emerge.
22. I know that everything isn’t going to change all at once in a day, but I can make small choices in light of the larger picture.
23. I can trade one moment of frustration for one moment of peace, one moment of self-defeat for one moment of self-compassion, and one moment of negativity for one moment of hope.You are bound to heal, one compassionate moment at a time. Click To Tweet
24. I’m taking care of my thoughts when I’m alone and my words when I’m with others. I’m cleaning up my life inside and out, and loving myself in the process; that’s the only way to heal.
25. I am deciding to get well. I am deciding to be well. There is no other option, no other alternative but for me to be well.
26. Come what may, I can heal. This is a process to respect, but it’s my clear and unequivocal decision, right here and now, to heal.
27. If I’m not feeling well, I look to my most recent thought and choose the next available higher thought that makes me feel a little bit better. My mind is powerful.Become willing to befriend your body, and it'll become home to you in a way it never was before. Click To Tweet
28. I’m not afraid to ask for help where I could use it. I’m not going to push myself further than my body is currently willing to go. I take each moment for what it is and follow the vision in my mind of where I’m going. I keep hope alive while honoring this step in the road.
29. Well-being in all of its potential is all around me and within me, and I’m ready to receive it.
30. I am grateful for the chance to be alive on earth, and I thank my body for allowing me this experience.
- In what small ways can you make a shift in your approach to healing, opting to pay more attention to something loving rather than something that makes you feel bad?
- Are you willing to speak kind thoughts to yourself when your body is hurting, instead of self-defeating ones? Do you have any examples of what you might say?
Please share your thoughts, favorite affirmations for healing your body, nourishing traditions you have in place (or would like to incorporate into your life) that make you feel better, and any inspiring stories of healing with me in the comments.
Share these nourishing affirmations with someone who would appreciate some relief.
Healing is something that happens on the non-physical level before it even makes itself known on the physical level.