The world is rich with possibility, and so are we. Begin manifesting more love, joy, and freedom in your life by adopting an abundance mentality, which perpetuates the idea that life is good and our potential is limited only by what we choose to focus on.
“Three keys to more abundant living: caring about others, daring for others, sharing with others.” – William Arthur Ward
Dropping the Scarcity Mentality
There is enough to go around, and come back again.
There is truly more than enough for us all. Competition can be healthy, yet when it stems from a scarcity mentality that believes we must win in order not to lose, we suffer. Rather, when we want to win for the joy of winning, instead of to avoid the pain of losing, life opens up in a grand way.
When we achieve from a place of joy (enjoying the journey for the sake of the journey, and not the destination), life really opens up.
When we believe there isn’t enough X, Y, or Z to go around, it can show up in a multitude of ways, in any area of our life. For instance, such beliefs could read like so:
- There is only so much money to go around.
- When others get promotions or make more money than me, it takes away from my opportunity to rise and receive.
- Money is the root of all evil. Money corrupts minds that are not already corrupt. If I get too much money, I might become corrupt, too.
- When others succeed, it hinders my success.
- When others are deemed “beautiful,” it takes away from my beauty.
- If another is shown love and affection, it means I’m not as lovable.
- Others who inspire and make a difference in the world are better than me; I cannot do what they do.
- Life supports the wealthy, fortunate, talented, and beautiful people. Life does not support the rest of us.
The scarcity mentality separates us. It’s a sign that we don’t trust that life has our back. This is a habitual thought pattern that doesn’t serve our spiritual growth, creativity, inner peace, or lasting happiness and fulfillment. The abundance mentality, on the other hand, connects us to all that we have to be grateful for.
There’s a lot that’s worth celebrating in life, but when we view the world as a cold place with limited opportunities for a limited number of lucky people, we don’t feel very appreciative. How can we expect our life situation to reflect our joy in living it, when we’re not willing to feed it joy first?
In fact, becoming grateful in our day-to-day interactions and experiences is an extremely powerful way to invite more to be grateful for. That’s an example of dropping the scarcity mentality and picking up an abundance mentality in its place, and it has the capacity to serve us much better.
Cultivating an Abundance Mentality
My belief in abundance is attracting abundance.
When you realize that the scarcity mentality doesn’t serve you or your ability to enjoy life, your hands are free to pick up an abundance mentality. This means you can be genuinely happy for the success of others, because their joy and fulfillment is proof that joy and potential exists in you, too.
You can let others inspire you rather than viewing them as a threat to your livelihood.
Your belief in abundance will attract the evidence to back up your belief, in all manner of ways.
Create the space to welcome what already abounds. New paths are always opening up, whether we choose to see them or not. Life is generous, and it supports our growth as a spiritual being, but you must allow yourself to see the opportunities for happiness that are ever-present.
Look within yourself for the treasures of this world, and begin there. Fill your internal, spiritual bank account with positive thoughts about your possibilities and about life’s gifts. You are blessed in many ways already.
In your search for blessings, remember the small things that are so often taken for granted, and start creating positive momentum by focusing on those. Like energy attracts like energy. Align with positive energy, and life will send back to you more of what you’re putting out.
Envision yourself receiving inspiration for creating whatever it is you want in your life—financial freedom, emotional stability, loving relationships, internal calm in the midst of external productivity, etc. See yourself feeling the way you want to feel, living the way you want to live, and focus more on that than on what’s missing now.
We bring close those things we desire when we focus on them as if they were already here.
Try practicing beliefs/affirmations that stem from the abundance mentality, such as:
- I am a magnet for prosperity.
- I am open and ready to attract abundance in my life.
- There is enough _______ to go around.
- Others inspire me to see the same potential that lives inside of me.
- Everything I need to win is already within.
- I can learn anything I need to know in the right time and with enough effort.
Your possibility for a rich life is already within you, coming to fruition. All you need to do is feed the possibility your conscious attention.
- What do you see through the eyes of scarcity, and are you willing to look deeper into your way of seeing?
- Are you willing to experience your life as though it were abundant in all that you truly desire, rather than limited and inattentive to your needs?
- Are you open to recognizing the blessings, big and small, that have come your way?
Please share your thoughts, practices, lessons, and experiences in abundance with me in the comments.
Share this post with someone you care about.
Stay open to all that life has to offer… There is more than enough for all of us.
Free watercolor texture by cgarofani, with lettering by Aim Happy.