Here are a handful of Wayne Dyer quotes in honor of the late and great man, spirit, and mentor who continues to inspire millions with his timeless wisdom and his self-fulfilling approach to life.
“Love is my gift to the world. I fill myself with love, and I send that love out into the world. How others treat me is their path; how I react is mine.” ― Dr. Wayne Dyer
Dr. Wayne W. Dyer was and remains a highly respected pioneer in the personal development realm, teaching with conviction that the power of the mind creates your reality. He taught that there’s a way to live one’s life that transcends the ordinary, because we’re gifted with this magnetic power of bringing to life the kind of world we want to live in.
Through his own personal experiences (such as growing up an orphan, with an estranged father, and later in life being diagnosed with leukemia) he has shown the world how well his philosophy really does work.
Inspiring countless individuals striving for greatness and a spiritually aligned life, Wayne has been a figurehead, setting an example and living a life of his own that was nothing short of miraculous—not despite his misfortunes, but because of them.
With more than 40 published books on the global shelf today, Wayne was a gifted and prolific writer, a beloved teacher, charismatic speaker, philosopher, and lifelong proponent of self-reliance.
When Dr. Wayne W. Dyer passed on in August 2015, much of the world grieved this huge loss. Yet, as his family relayed during this time, Wayne’s departure from earth was not an ending he feared, but a transition that he eagerly awaited.
A few days before his passing, Wayne shared this message on social media, perhaps knowing his transition was near, leaving the world with one more spiritual gem:
I have a suit in my closet with the pocket cut out. It’s a reminder to me that I won’t be taking anything with me. The last I wear won’t need any pockets.
Paying homage to Wayne’s incredible journey here, and to his lasting presence that I have felt over the past few months, here are 40 of my personal favorite Wayne Dyer quotes. This is but a small tribute to a beautiful soul, but a heartfelt one nevertheless–his messages are healing gifts to me, and to so many others still.
Enjoy Dr. Dyer’s enlightening, yet extremely down to earth, take on living a life that’s nothing short of amazing.
40 Wayne Dyer Quotes to Ponder and Apply
1. “With everything that has happened to you, you can feel sorry for yourself or treat what has happened as a gift. Everything is either an opportunity to grow or an obstacle to keep you from growing. You get to choose.”
2. “My goal is not to be better than anyone else, but to be better than I used to be.”
3. “I cannot always control what goes on outside. But I can always control what goes on inside.”
4. “If you don’t make peace with your past, it will keep showing up in your present.”
6. “All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you. The only thing blame does is to keep the focus off you when you are looking for external reasons to explain your unhappiness or frustration. You may succeed in making another feel guilty about something by blaming him, but you won’t succeed in changing whatever it is about you that is making you unhappy.”
7. “Conflict cannot survive without your participation.”
8. “Judgments prevent us from seeing the good that lies beyond appearances.”
9. “See the light in others, and treat them as if that is all you see.”
11. “Love is the ability and willingness to allow those that you care for to be what they choose for themselves without any insistence that they satisfy you.”
12. “Everything you are against weakens you. Everything you are for empowers you.”
13. “The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don’t know anything about.”
14. “Peace can be a lens through which you see the world. Be it. Live it. Radiate it out. Peace is an inside job.”
16. “It’s one of the great lessons of life. What comes out when life squeezes you? When someone hurts or offends you? If anger, pain and fear come out of you, it’s because that’s what’s inside. It doesn’t matter who does the squeezing—your mother, your brother, your children, your boss, the government. If someone says something about you that you don’t like, what comes out of you is what’s inside. And what’s inside is up to you, it’s your choice.”
17. “If you have anything in your heart, that’s anything other than love, you’ve got to get it out.”
18. “A mind at peace, a mind centered and not focused on harming others, is stronger than any physical force in the universe.”
19. “You cannot be lonely if you like the person you’re alone with.”
21. “Loving people live in a loving world. Hostile people live in a hostile world. Same world.”
22. “If you believe it will work out, you’ll see opportunities. If you believe it won’t, you will see obstacles.”
23. “Peace is the result of retraining your mind to process life as it is, rather than as you think it should be.”
24. “You have everything you need for complete peace and total happiness right now.”
26. “There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love. There’s only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.”
27. “Abundance is not something we acquire. It is something we tune into.”
28. “Doing what you love is the cornerstone of having abundance in your life.”
29. “When I chased after money, I never had enough. When I got my life on purpose and focused on giving of myself and everything that arrived into my life, then I was prosperous.”
31. “The more you see yourself as what you’d like to become, and act as if what you want is already there, the more you’ll activate those dormant forces that will collaborate to transform your dream into your reality.”
32. “Self-worth comes from one thing: Thinking that you are worthy.”
33. “Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal. Live this day as if it were your last. The past is over and gone. The future is not guaranteed.”
34. “Let the world know why you’re here, and do it with passion.”
35. “Don’t die with your music still in you.”
37. “You may have convinced yourself that giving is impossible because you have too little for yourself. If you are not generous when it is difficult, you will not be generous when it is easy. Generosity is a function of the heart, not the wallet.”
38. “Change the way you look at things and the things you look at change.”
39. “When you dance, your purpose is not to get to a certain place on the floor. It’s to enjoy each step along the way.”
40. “You will see it when you believe it.”
- Are you a fan of Dr. Wayne Dyer?
- Which Wayne Dyer quotes make a lot of sense to you in your own life?
- How can you apply the wisdom of any one of these quotes to your life today?
Please share your favorite Wayne Dyer quotes, healing insights, life lessons, and any inspiring stories with me in the comments.
Share these quotes with someone who would appreciate their wisdom.
There are no real endings, only transitions. Maybe that’s why Wayne had no fear of dying, and was actually enthusiastic for his next adventure to begin.