Whether you’re working towards your dream or just trying to get through the day, fuel a positive perspective with these motivational quotes for work.
“When writing the story of your life, don’t let anyone else hold the pen.” – Harley Davidson
Much of life is learning to persevere with a positive attitude. We learn how to speak our truth while remaining respectful of the views of others. We take chances and conduct experiments to discover what works by finding out what doesn’t work.
Mistakes are made and imperfections are pronounced, but mostly we learn to co-create our own destiny, and to enjoy the journey of it all.
You are responsible for sparking positive change in your own life, as I am responsible in mine. Each of us will have our own challenges to overcome, yet we’re meant to help each other along the way. Motivation is summoned from within, and it is strengthened when shared.
Even trivial tasks, when infused with joy and purpose, support the overall success of a person or a project. You’re endowed with the particularly amazing capacity to turn a mundane task into a work of art, and a mere job into a meaningful calling.
Whatever you’re doing today, make it count. Bring the love and joy into the activity, rather than waiting for inspiration to swoop in and save you.
Find your favorite motivational quotes for work in this collection, and use them to reignite the spark inside. Print these out, write them down, put them in your phone, and contemplate them whenever you need a positive shift.
40 Motivational Quotes for Work to Inspire a Successful Day
1. “If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try.” – Seth Godin
2. “The quality of a person’s life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor.”–Vince Lombardi
3. “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill
5. “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
6. “If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission.” – Unknown
7. “If you are going to achieve excellence in big things, you develop the habit in little matters. Excellence is not an exception, it is a prevailing attitude.” – Charles R. Swindoll
9. “The harder I practice, the luckier I get.” – Gary Player
10. “Happiness is the real sense of fulfillment that comes from hard work.” – Joseph Barbara
11. “Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do.” – Steve Jobs
13. “Opportunities don’t happen, you create them.” – Chris Grosser
14. “If you’re going through hell, keep going.” – Winston Churchill
15. “Instead of wondering when your next vacation is, you ought to set up a life you don’t need to escape from.” – Seth Godin
17. “Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve. Thoughts are things! And powerful things at that, when mixed with definiteness of purpose, and burning desire, can be translated into riches.” – Napoleon Hill
18. “You are not your resume, you are your work.” – Seth Godin
19. “Far and away the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.” – Theodore Roosevelt
21. “A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.” – Albert Einstein
22. “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
23. “There is only one way to avoid criticism: Do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing.” – Aristotle
24. “Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.” – Albert Schweitzer
26. “A dream doesn’t become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work.” – Colin Powell
27. “Hard work keeps the wrinkles out of the mind and spirit.” – Helena Rubinstein
28. “By recording your dreams and goals on paper, you set in motion the process of becoming the person you most want to be. Put your future in good hands — your own.” – Mark Victor Hansen
30. “Enter every activity without giving mental recognition to the possibility of defeat. Concentrate on your strengths, instead of your weaknesses… on your powers, instead of your problems.” – Paul J. Meyer
31. “Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.” – Maya Angelou
32. “Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill
34. “If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it.” – William Arthur Ward
35. “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” – Maria Robinson
36. “Out of clutter, find Simplicity. From discord, find Harmony. In the middle of difficulty lies Opportunity.” – Albert Einstein
38. “Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great ones make you feel that you too can become great.” – Mark Twain
39. “The only thing that overcomes hard luck is hard work.” – Harry Golden
40. “Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.” – Harriet Beecher Stowe
Please share your thoughts, favorite motivational quotes for work, challenges you’ve faced and transcended, lessons learned along the way, and any inspiring stories with me in the comments.
Share these motivational quotes for work with someone who could use a positive reminder today.
Keep going, if only to satisfy your curiosity.