I know it’s not easy to look on the bright side, especially on gloomy days. The point is that it’s worth it and it’s necessary for a happy life in the long run. This list of happy thoughts is an ode to the good things in this world.
“But there’s a whole world waiting, still, and there are good things in it.” – Lois Lowry
When life doesn’t seem to be going our way (which happens a LOT) we still have a chance to enjoy it. We still have a chance to reorient our thoughts to be more positive, and thus our lives will become more positive.
My wish for this list is that you find just one positive reminder that resonates with you. Maybe not all of these happy thoughts will speak to you in your current circumstances, and that’s okay and expected. We are here to help each other, and I am doing my best. So are you.
These are just some happy thoughts that help me make sense of the bad things that happen, and remind me that there are still good things in this world.
38 Happy Thoughts for Difficult Moments
“I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe.” – Dalai Lama
Read through this list and pick out what speaks to you. It may take on different meanings at various times in your life. Write it down. Put it in your phone. Carry your happy thoughts around with you everywhere you go. Read the message when you need it most.
- This too shall pass.
- I am more than what’s happening right now.
- I can always change my mind.
- I can make my faith stronger than my doubt.
- I am not alone.
- We are all under the same sky.
- I have a gift and a presence that the world needs. The fact that I’m here is proof.
- I am more than my negative thoughts.
- We all make mistakes.
- I never know how far my good deeds will go. I will keep doing good things.
- We all want to feel loved, respected, and appreciated.
- I can overcome any internal resistance with enough faith, courage, and love.
- I can overcome any external resistance with enough faith, courage, and love.
- My meaning and worth live within, and the outside world cannot touch it.
- There is a light shining in my soul that can never be put out.
- I can make room in the middle of everything to feel gratitude towards life.
- I don’t have to experience life all by myself.
- There is enough to go around.
- I am enough.
- No human being is perfect.
- Everything is going to be okay.
- There is a hidden blessing/lesson in this situation. My task is to uncover it.
- The past lives on according to the memories I assign it.
- The past need not determine my future.
- The only time we have is right now.
- Everything is either an act of love or a call for love.
- The negative inner voice talking to me is not really me.
- I do not know the whole story. The rest is still unwritten.
- There is always something to be grateful for.
- There is always a way to rise above.
- I can always try one more time.
- Money does not equal true wealth. Wealth is my ability to fully experience life.
- Whatever it is I want to receive, I should try giving first.
- Beauty comes in many forms. There is no one beautiful standard to live by.
- There is someone out there who understands me… most likely countless others.
- The only person who can make me lastingly happy is me.
- Every moment is a chance to live again.
- Every day is a chance to accept the gift of being alive, with humility, joy, and gratitude.
Things may not make sense right now. You may be in the middle of the storm, but remember that storms don’t last forever. Nothing endures but love. Trust that life is on your side.
A Happy Reminder of My Imperfection
While I write about happiness, I’m not perfect. Please remember that I’m not a psychologist, therapist, or an expert in the fields of self-help, depression, anxiety, or any matters of the mind. I’m a human being with a heartfelt message and I’m learning as I go. This list is not meant to be a cure-all for the struggles we face in life.
These happy thoughts are reflections of what I have personally experienced thus far in my own journey, and what I’m working on every single day. Some days are easier than others, and some days I, myself, would like to stay in the darkness. When I write, there’s this source of inspiration that reminds me that what I really want is to live as fully as possible, with joy in my heart and light in my eyes.
I hope some of these happy thoughts have inspired you to choose love, hope, peace, forgiveness, patience, acceptance, or happiness today.
- What happy thoughts would you add to this list?
- What resonated with you?
- How do you stay connected to your optimism and gratefulness?
Please share your own positive thoughts, healing words of encouragement, uplifting stories, or personal experiences in the comments.
Share these happy thoughts with someone who deserves more joy, peace, and love in their life.
Think happy thoughts.