Every so often, we forget that life is beautiful. Let this short list be a reminder to you that, no matter what, there is something beautiful worthy of your discovery.
“You were given life; it is your duty (and also your entitlement as a human being) to find something beautiful within it, no matter how slight.” – Elizabeth Gilbert
There’s so much to be grateful for. Most of the time, it’s not what see that matters — it’s how we see the experiences in our lives that makes all the difference. Happiness, in my humble opinion, is about how quickly we’re able to come back from dark thoughts, and how quickly we’re able to return to love. In order to have comebacks in the first place, we must believe on a deep level that there’s love to return to.
Life is beautiful regardless of how it’s falling apart and falling back into place. We can’t always change everything we see, but we can change how we choose to see. I hope this list serves you, and that it helps you come back to the love that’s inherent in everything.
35 Simple Reasons Life is Beautiful and Worthy of Our Love
1. Life is colorful. This isn’t a black-and-white movie; this is a vibrant, full-resolution, widescreen experience.
2. We have a say in our happiness. We get to choose how we experience our experiences.
3. We determine our “why.” We get to make our life a meaningful mission, and we get to choose what that means for us.
4. We are all very different expressions of life. That keeps life interesting.
5. There are many, many kind and caring people in this world. Their hearts are so big that they inspire goodness in us.
6. Chocolate, coffee, and wine exist.
7. There’s a lot to see when we look up. We can always count on sunshine or starry skies or rolling clouds or beautiful chaos or birds taking flight.
8. Energy doesn’t die. That’s pretty freaking amazing just to think about.
9. No matter how stormy the winter, spring always follows.
10. No matter the physical distance between us, we have ways of communicating with the ones we love.
11. Even when we can’t see it, the sun is always shining. Have faith. There’s more to life than what meets the eye.
12. If the dream is big enough and strong enough in our hearts, we have the ability to make it come to life.
13. Our imagination is infinite.
14. There are people who really love and care about you. Even strangers are capable of that level of love.
15. People fall in love.
17. Change is constant. We are always evolving and growing and living in the ebb and flow of this spinning world.
18. Something as tiny as a sweet comment or a bear hug can lift our spirits and change our inner world.
19. If a miracle is just a shift in perception (which it is), then miracles happen all the time.
21. Happiness is a state of mind that we can visit whenever we really want to.
22. If you close your eyes and try, time travel is possible.
23. A genuine smile can cause another genuine smile on a different face.
24. Nobody is perfect.
25. Life doesn’t have to be perfect to be wonderful.
26. New life is born every single day.
27. Endings always lead to new beginnings.
28. Each summer calls for us to play again.
29. Each autumn shows us how change can be graceful.
30. Each winter reminds us to restore our soul.
31. Each spring, with its promise of new life, is a call to awaken.
32. It’s possible to learn something new every day. The universe is that expansive.
33. There is always someone, somewhere, at some point in time who knows exactly how you feel. You are understood.
34. We may not have yesterday anymore (if only in our minds), and we may never have tomorrow, but we always, always have today.
35. Love is life. Where there is love, death ceases to exist.
You may also enjoy these articles:
In your eyes and in your heart, why is life beautiful? Who and what inspires you to see the light even on darker days?
Please share your happy thoughts, healing lessons, and any experiences with me in the comments.
Share this list with someone you care about.
Keep returning to love.