Only by letting go and forgiving the situation will you be able to forge a new future. I hope these quotes about moving on inspire you to take that first leap of faith, and to keep going, because there’s a lot of love you’ve yet to discover.
“All your past except its beauty is gone, and nothing is left but a blessing.” – A Course in Miracles
Rehashing the past does not spring us forward, but the past can be a helpful tool in self-discovery if we see it as such. It’s not so much in forgetting the past that we find peace, but in accepting our past and allowing it to be our past that allows us to move forward with grace and gratitude.
You’re not meant to dwell in the pain of the past; take with you the love you’ve given and received, and focus on the possibility of the present moment.
Your presence is your power to harness the miracles that await you in this place.
The only thing holding you back from embracing new life here is the fear that’s still hanging on to what you once thought was yours to keep. Yet, it’s one small step forward in love that gathers the strength of all the love you’ve ever had—only that love is what you can take with you now.
Moving on with love equates to no loss in the joy you once experienced; only by keeping love alive in the present moment can you reserve infinite space in your life for joy.
Enjoy these quotes about moving on, because they’re reminders that when you do so in the spirit of love, you bring the beauty from your past with you.
33 Quotes about Moving On with Grace and Gratitude
1. “In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.” ― Robert Frost
2. “Every new beginning comes from some other beginning’s end.” ― Seneca
3. “If ‘Plan A’ didn’t work, the alphabet has 25 more letters! Stay cool.” ― Unknown
4. “Sometimes life knocks you on your ass… get up, get up, get up!!! Happiness is not the absence of problems, it’s the ability to deal with them.” ― Steve Maraboli,“Sometimes you have to take a step back to move forward.” – Erika Taylor Click To Tweet
6. “Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.” – Lyndon B. Johnson
7. “My Mama always said you’ve got to put the past behind you before you can move on.” – Forrest Gump
8. “The first to apologize is the bravest. The first to forgive is the strongest. And the first to learn from it and move on is the happiest.” – Nishan Panwar
9. “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” – Albert EinsteinIt’s not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters. – Epictetus Click To Tweet
11. “Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.” – Scott Adams
12. “Do not worry if you feel low; the sun has a sinking spell every night, but rises again all right the next morning.” – Unknown
13. “Moving forward should always be your one and only option to abide by in all circumstances. We were born to continuously strive and thrive.” ― Edmond Mbiaka
14. “It is always important to know when something has reached its end. Closing circles, shutting doors, finishing chapters, it doesn’t matter what we call it; what matters is to leave in the past those moments in life that are over.” ― Paulo Coelho,The price of inaction is far greater than the cost of making a mistake. – Meister Eckhart Click To Tweet
16. “We must be willing to let go of the life we’ve planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.”
17. “Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment.” ― Rita Mae Brown,
18. “In the process of letting go you will lose many things from the past, but you will find yourself.” ― Deepak Chopra
19. “You can’t start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading your last one.” ― Michael McMillan“Some of us think holding on makes us strong, but sometimes it is letting go.” – Herman Hesse Click To Tweet
21. “Starting over is not a sign of failure. I look at it this way: A person enrolled at the wrong life college, underwent some hellish classes, passed a lot of difficult tests, majored in perspective, and a minored in minor things. However, they graduated at the top of their class and are now qualified to teach a course titled, How Not To Do That Ever Again.” ― Shannon L. Alder
22. “Don’t dwell on what went wrong. Instead, focus on what to do next. Spend your energies on moving forward toward finding the answer.” ― Denis E. Waitley
23. “The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.” ― Alan Watts
Just keep swimming. ― Dory, Finding Nemo Click To Tweet
26. “To let go is to release the images and emotions, the grudges and fears, the clingings and disappointments of the past that bind our spirit.”
27. “You don’t need strength to let go of something. What you really need is understanding.”
28. “I’m thankful for my struggle because without it I wouldn’t have stumbled across my strength.” – Alex Elle
29. “Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.” ― Mahatma GandhiEvery exit is an entry somewhere. – Tom Stoppard Click To Tweet
31. “Isn’t it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?” ― L.M. Montgomery
32. “We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we’re curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”
33. “Holding on is believing that there’s only a past; letting go is knowing that there’s a future.”
- What precious lessons from the past can you move forward with today?
- When has acceptance and forgiveness freed you to move on with more love and hope?
- How have your mistakes allowed you to become closer to a life that feels like your own?
Please share your thoughts, favorite quotes about moving on, lessons in letting go, helpful insights, and any stories with me in the comments.
Share these quotes about moving on with someone who could use some inspiration today.
Forgiveness will always set you free.