It’s a beautiful new day to choose happiness again, to choose love instead, to show up fully with presence and purpose and a renewed passion for life. It’s a good day for some encouraging New Year quotes to remind us that lasting change is always within our reach.
“I love that this morning’s sunrise does not define itself by last night’s sunset.” – Steve Maraboli
Your possibilities are waiting. Your happiness is here. You get to choose how you live your life, from this moment forward. Every waking moment is a brand new chance to live and love again.
Every day is worth celebrating. Every day brings a new reason to smile and to be grateful. Every day calls to us to show up for our own life, to live in a vibrant state of awareness so that we do not miss the beauty in the day, and in us.“With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.” – Eleanor Roosevelt Click To Tweet
The best way to pay for a lovely moment is to enjoy it; the best way to enjoy your life is to be grateful for this precious chance to breathe.
If anything at all, let New Year’s Day mark a another chance to love—to enjoy the small treasures, to appreciate the simple blessings, and to spread love instead of anything else. Today is a new beginning of your commitment to generating the happiness and positive energy that you want to live in.
May these New Year quotes awaken your inner light and inspire you to shine your light into the world that would be brightened by your presence.
30 New Year Quotes to Spark Positive Change
1. “And now we welcome the new year, full of things that have never been.” – Rainer Maria Rilke
2. “We must always change, renew, rejuvenate ourselves; otherwise, we harden.” — Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
3. “Some people swear there’s no beauty left in the world, no magic. Then how do you explain the entire world coming together on one night to celebrate the hope of a new year?” — Claire MorganWrite it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year. — Ralph Waldo Emerson Click To Tweet
5. “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” — C.S. Lewis
6. “Human potential, though not always apparent, is there waiting to be discovered and invited forth.” — William Purkey
7. “For last year’s words belong to last year’s language and next year’s words await another voice.” — T.S. Elliot“Always find time for the things that make you feel happy to be alive.” — Unknown Click To Tweet
9. “And suddenly you just know: it’s time to start something new and trust the magic of beginnings.” — Meister Eckhart
10. “New Year’s Day is every man’s birthday.” — Charles Lamb
11. “The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new.” — Dan Millman, Way of the Peaceful Warrior“This is the beginning of anything you want.” — Unknown Click To Tweet
13. “You must learn a new way to think before you can master a new way to be.” — Marianne Williamson
14. “I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes. Because if you are making mistakes, then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world. You’re doing things you’ve never done before, and more importantly, you’re doing something.” — Neil Gaiman
15. “Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try.” — UnknownDwell in possibility. — Emily Dickinson Click To Tweet
17. “Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking.” — Jodi Picoult
18. “Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right.” — Oprah Winfrey
19. “Approach the New Year with resolve to find the opportunities hidden in each new day.” — Michael JosephsonThere are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind. — C.S. Lewis Click To Tweet
21. “Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before.” — Dalai Lama
22. “Although no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending” — Carl Brad
23. “A dream written down with a date becomes a goal. A goal broken down into steps becomes a plan. A plan backed by action makes your dreams come true.” — Greg S. ReidThe journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. — Lao Tzu Click To Tweet
25. “There comes a day when you realize turning the page is the best feeling in the world, because you realize there is so much more to the book than the page you were stuck on.” — Zayn Malik
26. “In order to lead a fascinating life, one brimming with art, music, intrigue, and romance, you must surround yourself with precisely those things.” — Kate Spade
27. “An optimist stays up until midnight to see the New Year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves. — Bill VaughnIt's the possibility, of having a dream come true, that makes life interesting. — Paul Coelho Click To Tweet
29. “What a wonderful thought it is that some of the best days of our lives haven’t happened yet.” — Unknown
30. “What the New Year brings to you will depend a great deal on what you bring to the New Year.” — Vern McLellan
- What positive intentions are you setting for this year; how do you want to live?
- What experiences and possibilities are you looking forward to?
- What necessary lessons have you learned this year?
- What are you ready to let go of?
Please share your thoughts, favorite New Year quotes, lessons learned, positive experiences, purposeful intentions, and any stories with me in the comments.
Share these New Year quotes with someone who appreciates another chance.
May you find grace in the dark times, and renewed strength in the light.