When body, mind, and spirit unite as one, I think we’re a little closer to who we truly are on every level. I certainly feel more whole, balanced, and capable of choosing a happier perspective when I give myself what I need. These healthy living quotes honor the balance of mind, body, and spirit—because health means all, united as one.
I started telling myself that my will to live a healthy life is stronger than my fear of missing out on something.
Living a life brimming with good health (however we personally define that) is challenging because we fear that there’s going to be something we’re missing out on. Every healthy choice naturally means another choice has been declined, meaning there’s a fork in the road and we must decide which way to walk from here.
It’s the tiny little steps that we’re willing to take in a healthier direction that make the biggest difference. Starting your day with a self-loving statement, a simple meditation, a “thank you,” or a moment of silence might be small steps in the right direction for you. These are just examples.
Whatever works for you, and is healing—do that. It’s okay to start small; the important thing is that you start.
Also, time may or may not heal every wound—this I’m not sure of yet—but time does bring grace, gratitude, and beauty, if we let it. The reason I chose each and every one of these healthy living quotes is because they speak to the potential that lives in us all; with time, we can understand that healing comes in its own time, in its own way.
Healing cannot be rushed or forced. That’s not grace, that’s not beauty, and that’s certainly not gratitude. Healing is a softening, a next right action, a decision to forgive and move on. Healing is what happens when love reigns over all areas of our existence: body, mind, spirit.
30 Healthy Living Quotes That Honor the Harmony of Body, Mind & Spirit
1. “One life on this earth is all that we get, whether it is enough or not enough, and the obvious conclusion would seem to be that at the very least we are fools if we do not live it as fully and bravely and beautifully as we can.” – Frederick Buechner
2. “I know this transformation is painful, but you’re not falling apart; you’re just falling into something different, with a new capacity to be beautiful.” – William C. Hannan
3. “When you screw up, skip a workout or eat a bad meal, it doesn’t make you a bad person. It makes you human. Welcome to the club. There’s like seven billion of us.” – Jillian Michaels
4. “Wholeness is not achieved by cutting off a portion of one’s being, but by integration of the contraries.” – Carl Jung“Seek to be whole, not perfect.” – Oprah Winfrey Click To Tweet
6. “Make choices from the mindset of empowerment, not deprivation. Focus on what you have to gain, not on what might fall away. The feeling of being empowered is assurance that you have better things to gain than anything you might lose.” – Jennifer Williamson
7. “Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.” – World Health Organization
8. “Close your eyes and imagine the best version of you possible. That’s who you really are. Let go of any part of you that doesn’t believe it.” – C. Assaad“Nutrition isn’t just about eating, it’s about learning to live.” – Patricia Comptton Click To Tweet
10. “Self-care is so important. When you take time to replenish your spirit, it allows you to serve others from the overflow. You cannot serve from an empty vessel.” – Eleanor Brown
11. “There is no mystery to the miracle of self healing; it is courage, commitment, and consistency that moves us from misery to inner peace.” – Yung Pueblo
12. “Choose a life of conscious simplicity (simple meals, walks outside, meditation, cooking whole foods) and you’ll find more freedom in your life.” – Amie Valpone“Cravings are not about food. Cravings are about stress.” – Melissa Hartwig Click To Tweet
14. “Wounds don’t heal the way you want them to, they heal the way they need to. It takes time for wounds to fade into scars. It takes time for the process of healing to take place. Give yourself that time. Give yourself that grace. Be gentle with your wounds. Be gentle with your heart. You deserve to heal.” – Dele Olanubi
15. “Health is much more dependent on our habits and nutrition than on medicine.” – John Lubbock
16. “Symptoms are not enemies to be destroyed, but sacred messengers who encourage us to take better care of ourselves.” – Jon Gabriel“Let’s build wellness rather than treating disease.” – Bruce Daggy Click To Tweet
18. “Exercise is a celebration of what your body can do, not a punishment for what you ate.” – Women’s Health UK
19. “The words of kindness are more healing to a drooping heart than balm or honey.” – Sarah Fielding
20. “Good nutrition creates health in all areas of our existence. All parts are interconnected.” – T. Collin Campbell
21. “The greatest healing therapy is friendship and love.” – Hubert H. HumphreyBeing human, it helps to be patient with yourself as you evolve. – Jennifer Williamson Click To Tweet
22. “Health isn’t about being ‘perfect’ with food or exercise or herbs. Health is about balancing those things with your desires. It’s about nourishing your spirit as well as your body.” – Golda Poretsky
24. “Health is not about the weight you lose, but about the life you gain.” – Unknown
25. “Every time you choose to go for a ‘feeling’ instead of an ‘image,’ you’re making a courageous choice.” – Danielle LaPorte“Healing is the end of conflict with yourself.” – Stephanie Gailing Click To Tweet
27. “We repeat what we don’t repair.” – Christine Langley-Obaugh
28. “Pay close attention to whatever triggers reactions from you – your triggers reveal the spot where an ancient pain is still buried.” – Luna & Sol
29. “When a deep injury is done us, we will never recover until we forgive.” – Mary Karen Read
30. “I am not looking to escape my darkness, I am learning to love myself there.” – Rune Lazuli
- What is your next “right” step on your healing path?
- Do you have one genuine piece of advice you would share with someone about honoring where they are now in relation to where they want to be?
Please share your favorite healthy living quotes, nourishing traditions you swear by, what contributes to your experience of harmony, and any helpful or hopeful stories of renewed health with me in the comments.
Share your favorite (or all of these!) healthy living quotes with a friend who’s on their own healing path.
Honor the path you’re on. If vibrant health is your goal, each step on the way to where you’re going must be in harmony with where you want to be. Honor yourself here. Take care of yourself now. You’ll get there; you’re on the path.