Since the holiday season is upon us, I recommend prioritizing a little personal TLC. This is why I want to share some of the love I’m feeling towards a few companies this year. They’re big into nourishment: No toxic junk allowed. If you like only the good stuff, too, here are a few of my favorite places to find natural body care.
“I hope one day your human body is not a jail cell, instead it’s a sunny 2PM garden with daisies, thriving because of self-love.” — Love What’s There
Though I’m not necessarily a “health blogger,” I do appreciate certain products that help me feel nourished and healthy. Some extra self-care can go a long way to lift our spirits, and using natural body care products is just one tiny way I feel like I’m taking care of the house I’m living in.
I’m not an expert in the field of natural health, for sure, so please always do what’s best for you (of course) and consult any gurus you know on the topic. I do, however, believe that treating our bodies well is a form of self-care, so I’m fond of sharing what I love with you; if it sincerely helps me, I’d like to pass along the love.
Just a note here that I am an affiliate of the following three companies, which means I earn a small chunk of change if you decide to use any of the links to buy products (you pay the same, maybe less). That’s not why I’m sharing what I love most about them, though. I’m an affiliate because I love this stuff, not the other way around.
It’s all love; everything you read on this blog will always be love.
Without further ado, here are my three absolute favorite companies that offer love in the form of natural body care.
3 Places to Get Natural Body Care That Feels Like Self-Love
1. Annemarie Gianni Skin Care
For a happy, healthy, glowing face, I can’t recommend Annmarie Gianni Skin Care enough. Their handcrafted, organic and wildcrafted skin care line includes natural plant extracts, high antioxidant plant and seed oils, aromatherapy, and ingredients that are basically a joy to read.
This company has high standards, and so do I (especially when it comes to what I put on my face!).
Before I found this natural skin care line, I was using straight jojoba as both my cleanser and my conditioning oil. I have sensitive skin, but this just wasn’t cutting it. I was oily AND dry: frustrating combination, for sure.
The first time I used Annmarie Gianni’s face wash + facial oil, I was hooked and I haven’t turned back. My face felt clean, moisturized, and alive, and I think that’s how it’s supposed to feel.
The first thing I did was take the Skin IQ Quiz, which I recommend. Then, I tried a $10 sample kit, which I also suggest for first-timers. You can try the stuff out, shipping is free, and you’ll get a $10 coupon towards a future purchase. Not bad! Especially considering how good this stuff is.
If you’re a newbie but want to shop for some full-sized loveliness straight away, use this link to sign up for a new account and get $25 off an order of $75 or more. Otherwise, use this link to get a $10 sample kit which comes with a $10 coupon for your next order.
Here are my personal favorites that I use on a daily basis:
- Aloe Herb Cleanser: A hydrating, herb-infused facial cream cleanser for all skin types that leaves my face feeling squeaky clean yet, surprisingly, not dry. Key ingredients are aloe vera, coconut oil, calendula, and lemon essential oil.
- Anti-Aging Serum: A versatile, aloe vera-based hydrating facial serum that provides active nutrients for all skin types. Hydrating, firming, soothing, and refreshing. Key ingredients are Rose Distillate, Life Everlasting Flowers, Buddleja extract, and hyaluronic acid.
- Herbal Facial Oil: A lightweight moisturizer that nourishes normal and combination skin with a gentle and calming blend of skin-enriching oils like tamanu, passion fruit seed, and buriti fruit. It smells lovely, feels lovely, and doesn’t leave my face oily. Key ingredients are grapeseed oil, tamanu oil, echinacea, and chamomile.
- Neroli Toning Mist: A delicate aloe vera infusion hydrates, softens, balances, and enhances absorption of the serum and oil. I’m in love with the sweet, orange-blossom aroma. Key Ingredients are aloe vera, aspen bark extract, and neroli essential oil.
- Antioxidant Lip Balm: A super-softening, all-natural moisturizing balm with antioxidant-rich, omega-heavy fruit oils. Key ingredients are cocoa butter, sea buckthorn fruit oil, buriti fruit oil, and cocoa extract.
2. Morrocco Method Hair Care
If you’re on the hunt for totally natural hair products that provide life-giving nourishment and luster, may I humbly recommend Morrocco Method.
Raw, vegan, gluten-free, fair-trade, non-toxic, non-allergenic, and honest, Morrocco Method’s line of hair care is safe for everyone, including children. I’m going to be honest: Sometimes, I just read the ingredient label when I’m in the shower. I’m weird, I know, but I need a long shower now and then.
Have I mentioned that I’ve tried countless hair products? The blessing of thick, curly hair…
Their system is based on the five elements, and you’re encouraged to rotate all of the shampoos, conditioners, and other products to get the full effect. I went all out for my first purchase and bought a big family of goodies. With fingers crossed, I was instantly reassured that I made the right decision.
Since using MM products, I’ve noticed fewer split ends, softer and shinier locks, and a healthier scalp.
It took a couple months to adjust to the all-natural treatment (taking away the chemicals that “tame” your hair means your hair is left to be itself, and it needs to “remember” how to do that), but it was worth the wait. I’m still trying to figure out how to best manage frizz on really humid days, but I’m never going back to chemicals. Ever. I love this path so much better!
If you’ve never tried all-natural hair care, I suggest starting with a shampoo starter kit and a condition & style starter kit. Their products are super concentrated, so you only need a little bit of everything.
Here are my favorite MM products:
- Zen Detox Hair & Scalp Therapy is a gentle detox that lifts heavy metals and other pollutants that build up as a result of chemical processing.
- I rotate all 5 shampoos:
- Apple Cider Vinegar is the most powerful for flushing out debris and oil buildup
- Earth Essence features French clays to promote fuller hair.
- Pine Shale is great for dry, itchy scalp.
- Sea Essence with algae, spirulina, kelp and marine proteins.
- Heavenly Essence with natural botanicals, herbs, and marine proteins.
- I rotate both conditioners:
- I rotate both leave-in conditioners:
- Euro Oil is a blend of olive, avocado, and jojoba oils that makes for a great for deep conditioning treatment for the hair and scalp; a tiny drop goes a long way.
- Curl Power is a rich and hydrating treat that defines, elongates, and increases the hang-time of natural curls.
- Blood of the Dragon Styling Gel controls and conditions, and can be used on dry or wet hair (which is nice). It’s light enough for fly-aways and strong enough for unruly lioness hair like mine.
- Feng Shea Facial Scrub soothes and softens skin, lessens fine expression lines and contributes to a glowing appearance.
- Scalp Massager & Invigorator increases blood circulation for fuller, more radiant hair.
Oh, they also never test on animals. Go, bunnies!Compassion for yourself is compassion for many. Click To Tweet
3. Thrive Market
I’ve shared featured Thrive Market products on this blog quite a bit already, so you might be familiar with the name. Basically, they’re an online shopping club (with members) that offers healthy products for the home, body, and plate at wholesale prices.
One of the main reasons why I love being a Thrive Market member is because my membership means a membership for another family. The company gives back to the community, and service is important in business and in life (it happens to be an important component of happiness, too).
For $60/year, I get access to a whole bunch of products that are vetted through the company’s high standards and over 70 values, which include cruelty-free, grass-fed, preservative-free, alcohol-free, non-GMO, and fair trade certified. They also email deals and freebies on a regular basis, so I stock up when I see something I like.
I compare everything I buy to prices on Amazon.com, and these are the natural body care products I purchase regularly through Thrive:
- Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay: With more than 50 natural minerals inside, it makes for a nourishing face mask or skin treatment. It really does lift pimples and blackheads right out of my pores!
- Thayers Alchohol-Free Witch Hazel Toner, Rose Petal: A deep clean that’s great for sensitive skin. I use this as a makeup remover.
- Kiss My Face Lavender & Shea Moisture Shave Cream: A comfy shave is exactly what I get with this silky concoction of vitamin E, goldenseal, lemongrass, aloe, coconut and olive oils.
- Everyday Coconut Fair Trade Coconut Body Wash: Rich, long-lasting lather without the nasty chemicals.
- Everyday Coconut Fair Trade Coconut Body Lotion: Lightweight yet creamy, fast-absorbing moisturizer that’s perfect for everyday use.
- Simply Fair Fair Trade Coconut Oil Deodorant Balm, Lavender (I finally found natural deodorant I love!): Aluminum-free with all-natural ingredients like shea butter, coconut oil, lavender oil, and arrowroot powder.
- Thrive’s Organic Virgin Coconut Oil (54oz!) for oil pulling.
- Thrive’s Organic Apple Cider Vinegar for hair rinses and for mixing with my face mask for a smoother consistency.
- Are you a fellow fan of Annmarie Gianni, Morrocco Method, or Thrive Market?
- Which natural body care products do you want to upgrade right now?
- What’s your favorite product that you use daily?
Please share what products you swear by, what products you’re looking for (maybe I have some suggestions that’ll help!), or your favorite self-care habits with me in the comments.
If you know someone who’d love some feel-good self-care this season, please pass along this post.
Love your body, because then it’ll be an even bigger expression of love in the world.