A wise friend recently reminded me that the mind can only go so far when it comes to healing the whole self. True healing happens on a deeper level—an emotional, spiritual, and heart level. These quotes about healing are shared in reverence to the powerful potential of the human spirit to overcome.
A wound calls for us to recognize the hurt, to face the pain. Our honest expression gets the hurt out in the open, into the light, out of the darkness.
No matter how hard your heart seems to be broken, there’s a time and a place where you recognize the unbreakable nature of your soul. What we see and feel as broken merely is a call for correction.
We learn and evolve through healing, and we learn that what’s true for us now is offering us a chance to become reacquainted with another truth, the real truth of who we are.
The healing process affords us the opportunity to realize that we are far from being alone in the world.“We’re all just walking each other home.” – Ram Dass Click To Tweet
A scar is a healing. Recognizing the wound, with the understanding that healing will follow, occurs only in the presence of self-compassion and self-forgiveness. In this state of patient love, ego has no place.
Oftentimes, we need to get out of our own way in order to heal and allow our souls to be at peace with our thoughts. We must not ignore the problems, but listen to whatever is happening inside, because nothing works unless we truly want to heal.
It’s when we start working with ourselves, and with each other, that the real healing takes place.
May these quotes about healing help you to forgive the presence of the wound and the appearance of the scar, and to instead be thankful that it’s showing you a sign. Try releasing the fear associated with the illness—the separation of wellness, wholeness, and oneness with the spirit—with love and with patience.
Healing takes time, and you are meant to take your own time in this process.
27 Quotes about Healing the Whole Self
1. “Healing may not be so much about getting better, as about letting go of everything that isn’t you–all of the expectations, all of the beliefs–and becoming who you are.” – Rachel Naomi Remen
2. “The soul always knows what to do to heal itself. The challenge is to silence the mind.” – Caroline MyssAll healing is first a healing of the heart. – Carl Townsend Click To Tweet
4. “Often what feels like the end of the world is really a challenging pathway to a far better place.” – Karen Salmansohn
5. “Healing doesn’t usually spring up instantaneously, instead it manifests itself in small yet delightful doses of “normal.”” – Unknown
6. “Feelings are much like waves, we can’t stop them from coming but we can choose which ones to surf.” – Jonatan Martensson“Healing is a matter of time, but it is sometimes also a matter of opportunity.” – Hippocrates Click To Tweet
8. “We may walk different paths, but our destination is the same… The Light.” – Gannon Carr
9. “Part of the healing process is sharing with other people who care.” – Jerry Cantrell“The greatest healing therapy is friendship and love.” – Hubert H.Humphrey Click To Tweet
11. “I’m touched by the idea that when we do things that are useful and helpful–collecting these shards of spirituality–that we may be helping to bring about a healing.” – Leonard Nimoy
12. “Eventually you will come to understand that love heals everything, and love is all there is.” – Gary ZukavHealing yourself is connected with healing others. – Yoko Ono Click To Tweet
14. “I have been a seeker and I still am, but I stopped asking the books and the stars. I started listening to the teaching of my Soul.” – Rumi
15. “Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it.” – Helen Keller
16. “Healing takes courage, and we all have courage, even if we have to dig a little to find it.” – Tori AmosHumor is healing. – Brad Garrett Click To Tweet
18. “I think music in itself is healing. It’s an explosive expression of humanity.” – Billy Joel
19. “There is something beautiful about all scars of whatever nature. A scar means the hurt is over, the wound is closed and healed, done with.” – Harry CrewsOur sorrows and wounds are healed only when we touch them with compassion. – Buddha Click To Tweet
21. “The practice of forgiveness is our most important contribution to the healing of the world.” – Marianne Williamson
22. “Live your life from your heart. Share from your heart. And your story will touch and heal people’s souls.” – Melody Beattie
23. “Of one thing I am certain, the body is not the measure of healing, peace is the measure.” – Phyllis McGinley“Healing the soul first; then healing of the mind and body will follow.” – Zhi Gang Sha Click To Tweet
25. “Love one another and help others to rise to the higher levels, simply by pouring out love. Love is infectious and the greatest healing energy.” – Sai Baba
26. “Healing requires from us to stop struggling, but to enjoy life more and endure it less.” – Darina Stoyanova
27. “Don’t cry when the sun is gone because the tears won’t let you see the stars.” – Violeta Para
- Which of these quotes about healing speaks to you?
- What thoughts bring you comfort in times of pain?
- How have you healed, and how do you continue to heal?
- How can you let go of the fear associated with your hurt, and embrace a more loving perspective about what you’re going through?
Please share your own favorite quotes, healing words, lessons, and experiences with me in the comments.
Share these quotes about healing with someone you care about.
Remember that you have your wounds, but also your healing.