Let your light shine; you have it for a reason. You have a wellspring of light within you, and it’s all you need to illuminate your life as well as the lives of all those you meet today.
“The world is a brighter place when we each manifest who we are.” – Rabbi Lizzi Heydemann
When we get to the core of who we are, we realize that our purpose is to be who we are. We see the light that’s buried in our soul, and we realize that to know our truth without letting it shine is to do ourselves and the world a huge disservice. The light we find inside is our truth, and our ultimate purpose here is to let ourselves be ourselves, truly.
Let your light shine in all its truth and glory, and brighten the place you live in.
When you let love work through you, you let your light shine on all the darkened shadows of yourself, and any resistance (to love, joy, acceptance) begins to fall away. It’s then that you can be yourself without reservation, and this is when you unleash a higher version of yourself into the world.
When you let your light shine with authenticity, the people and opportunities best suited for your soul’s evolution will pursue you. You don’t need to chase what you want in life anymore; the light travels with you, the joy follows you. And your own sense of happiness, your own grace will lift others from their slumber.
As Marianne Williamson says, “As we are liberated from our fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”
Not only is rediscovering our own light liberating for ourselves, but it inevitably lends support to those who might desperately need some love. There’s nothing quite so humbling, so real, as being able to be even a glimmer of hope in someone’s storm.
I hope these quotes inspire you to let your light shine the way toward a rich life brimming with love, peace, prosperity, and joy.
25 Quotes to Let Your Light Shine
1. “The more light you allow within you the brighter the world you live in will be.” – Shakti Gawain
2. “Simply shine your light on the road ahead, and you are helping others to see their way out of darkness.” – Katrina Mayer
4. “You playing small doesn’t serve the world. There’s nothing enlightening about shrinking so others won’t feel insecure around you. As you let your own light shine, you indirectly give others permission to do the same.” – Marianne Williamson
5. “As we work to create light for others, we naturally light our own way.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
7. “Let your light shine today, and let your personality blossom, too. You don’t have to be a people-pleaser, just a people-lover.” – Beth Moore
8. “Your greatest test is when you are able to bless someone else while you are going through your own storm.” – Unknown
10. “Ours is the responsibility to keep our lights bright for others to see and follow.” – Thomas S. Monson
11. “There is no darkness so dense, so menacing, or so difficult that it cannot be overcome by light.” – Vern P. Stanfill
13. “There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.” – Edith Wharton
14. “We are told to let our light shine, and if it does, we won’t need to tell anybody it does. Lighthouses don’t fire cannons to call attention to the shining—they just shine.” – Dwight L. Moody
16. “The darkness around us might somewhat light up if we would first practice using the light we have in the place we are.” – Henry S. Haskins
17. “Stars don’t shine because they want to be seen. They shine because they are stars.” – Alexander Den Heijer
19. “Your work is to discover who you are and then with all your heart give your light to the world.” – J. W.
20. “If you want to give light to others you have to glow yourself.” – Thomas S. Monson
21. “When you let your own light shine, you unconsciously give others permission to do the same.” – Nelson Mandela
23. “Be aware that who you are and what you have to offer can be a beacon to some lost soul.” – Iyanla Vanzant
24. “I wish I could show you when you are lonely or in darkness, the astonishing light of your own being.” – Hafiz
25. “Accept your light and let it shine to create your own lighthouse on a stormy night.” – Pauline Duncan-Thrasher
- Who is a light in your life?
- Who do you try to be a light for?
- In what small ways can you let your light shine, your truth shine, into the world today?
- Is there anything you would like to add to this post?
Please share your thoughts, favorite quotes, insights, lessons, and experiences with me in the comments.
Share these quotes with someone you care about.
Each time you remember to turn on the light within you, you become a light for everyone… and everything.