Let your light shine; you have it for a reason and though it can be dimmed and forgotten, it cannot be lost. You can’t lose who you are. This wellspring of light within you is all you need to illuminate your life as well as the lives of all those you meet today.
“The world is a brighter place when we each manifest who we are.” – Rabbi Lizzi Heydemann
When we get to the core of who we are, we realize that our purpose is just to BE who we are, completely and honestly. When we see the light that’s buried in our soul, we realize that to know our truth without letting it shine would be a huge disservice, to ourselves and to the world.
The light we find inside—that spark of joy, the soft glow of hope, the unchanging state of peace and stillness—is our truth, and our ultimate purpose here is to let ourselves be ourselves, truly.
The best way to brighten the place you live in is to be a source of light.
When you let love work through you, you let your light shine on all the darkened shadows of yourself, and any resistance (to love, joy, acceptance) begins to fall away. It’s then that you can be yourself without reservation, and this is when you unleash a higher version of yourself into the world.“There is only one success—to be able to live your life in your own way.” – C. Morley tell a friend
Let your light shine with authenticity, and the people and opportunities best suited for your soul’s evolution will pursue you. You don’t need to chase what you want in life; the light travels with you, the joy follows you, and the peace meets you in each step.
The best gift you could give the world is your happiness. Your own grace will wake others from their slumber. Your courage encourages others and your presence liberates others.
Not only is rediscovering your own light a gift for yourself, but it inevitably lends support to those who might desperately need some love. There’s nothing quite so humbling, or so real, as being able to be a glimmer of hope in someone’s storm.
I hope these quotes inspire you to let your light shine the way toward a rich life brimming with love, peace, prosperity, and joy.
25 Quotes to Let Your Light Shine, with Purpose and Passion
1. “The more light you allow within you the brighter the world you live in will be.” – Shakti Gawain
2. “Simply shine your light on the road ahead, and you are helping others to see their way out of darkness.” – Katrina Mayer“Small lights have a way of being seen in a dark world.” – Neal A. Maxwell Click To Tweet
4. “You playing small doesn’t serve the world. There’s nothing enlightening about shrinking so others won’t feel insecure around you. As you let your own light shine, you indirectly give others permission to do the same.” – Marianne Williamson
5. “As we work to create light for others, we naturally light our own way.” – Mary Anne Radmacher“Let your light shine so brightly that others can see their way out of the dark.” – Unknown Click To Tweet
7. “Let your light shine today, and let your personality blossom, too. You don’t have to be a people-pleaser, just a people-lover.” – Beth Moore
8. “Your greatest test is when you are able to bless someone else while you are going through your own storm.” – Unknown“Forgiveness is my function as the light of the world.” – A Course in Miracles Click To Tweet
10. “Ours is the responsibility to keep our lights bright for others to see and follow.” – Thomas S. Monson
11. “There is no darkness so dense, so menacing, or so difficult that it cannot be overcome by light.” – Vern P. Stanfill“Nothing can dim the light that shines from within.” – Maya Angelou Click To Tweet
13. “There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.” – Edith Wharton
14. “We are told to let our light shine, and if it does, we won’t need to tell anybody it does. Lighthouses don’t fire cannons to call attention to the shining—they just shine.” – Dwight L. Moody“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.” – Charles Dickens Click To Tweet
16. “The darkness around us might somewhat light up if we would first practice using the light we have in the place we are.” – Henry S. Haskins
17. “Stars don’t shine because they want to be seen. They shine because they are stars.” – Alexander Den Heijer“In the midst of darkness, light persists.” – Mahatma Gandhi Click To Tweet
19. “Your work is to discover who you are and then with all your heart give your light to the world.” – J. W.
20. “If you want to give light to others you have to glow yourself.” – Thomas S. Monson
21. “When you let your own light shine, you unconsciously give others permission to do the same.” – Nelson Mandela“Your only obligation in any lifetime is to be true to yourself.” – Richard Bach Click To Tweet
23. “Be aware that who you are and what you have to offer can be a beacon to some lost soul.” – Iyanla Vanzant
24. “I wish I could show you when you are lonely or in darkness, the astonishing light of your own being.” – Hafiz
25. “Accept your light and let it shine to create your own lighthouse on a stormy night.” – Pauline Duncan-Thrasher
Who is a light in your life, and who do you try to be a light for?
In what small way can you let your light, your truth and compassion shine, today?
Share your favorite quotes, insights, and any stories with me in the comments.
Share these quotes with a fellow light-bringer.
Each time you remember to turn on the light inside, you become an example for others to do the same.