There are so many fantastic quotes about happiness, but this collection is meant to inspire you to do something today, because happiness is here and now. The happiness of your life is eternally, infinitely present.
“Happiness, not in another place, but this place… not for another hour, but for this hour.” – Walt Whitman
Naturally, I’ve shared some other quote collections concerning happiness itself, but none of them contain the quotes that are in today’s grouping (aside from the above quote, which is one of my all-time favorite quotes about happiness, so I had to share it again).
If you’re searching for joy, let go of the notion that it’s stuck somewhere in the past or tethered to a future destination
These quotes about happiness are small reminders of your capacity to enjoy today as it is, and to discover beauty where you are.
There are so many ways to be happy, all of which are available to you right now. Life is a collection of moments, after all, and it is only in this moment that you will discover the happiness that resides here.
25 Noteworthy Quotes about Happiness
1. “So many conditions of happiness are available; more than enough for you to be happy right now. You don’t have to run into the future in order to get more.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
2. “Happiness is the absence of the striving for happiness.” – Zhuangzi
3. “Helping others is the secret sauce to a happy life.” – Todd Stocker
5. “A kind heart is a fountain of gladness, making everything in its vicinity freshen into smiles.” – Washington Irving
6. “If you want happiness for an hour, take a nap. If you want happiness for a day, go fishing. If you want happiness for a month, get married. If you want happiness for a year, inherit a fortune. If you want happiness for a lifetime, help someone else.” – Unknown
7. “I think happiness is what makes you pretty. Period. Happy people are beautiful. They become like a mirror and they reflect that happiness.” – Drew Barrymore
9. “Happiness is a gift and the trick is not to expect it, but to delight in it when it comes.” – Charles Dickens
10. “Children are happy because they don’t have a file in their minds called ‘All the Things That Could Go Wrong.’” – Marianne Williamson
11. “One must believe in the possibility of happiness in order to be happy, and I now believe in it.” – Leo Tolstoy
13. “Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed?” – Hunter S. Thompson”
14. “Find out where joy resides, and give it a voice far beyond singing. For to miss the joy is to miss all.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
15. “Happiness is there for the taking—and making.” – Oprah Winfrey
17. “True happiness is an acceptance of life as it is given to us, with its diminishment, mystery, uncontrollability, and all.” – Michael Gellert
18. “The capacity for uplift is part of what makes us essentially, euphorically human.” – Jessica Winter
19. “True happiness involves the pursuit of worthy goals. Without dreams, without risks, only a trivial semblance of living can be achieved.” – Dan Buettner
21. “Growth itself contains the germ of happiness.” – Pearl S. Buck
22. “Life is to be enjoyed, not simply endured. Pleasure and goodness and joy support the pursuit of survival.” – Willard Gaylin
23. “Happiness is a choice, not a result. Nothing will make you happy until you choose to be happy. No person will make you happy unless you decide to be happy. Your happiness will not come to you. It only come from you.” – Ralph Marston
25. “Those who move forward with a happy spirit will find that things will always work out.” – Gordon B. Hinckley
- Which of these quotes about happiness are you focusing on today?
- How will you choose happiness today? What will you enjoy? Who can you help? Who can you love?
- How can you accept and grow from your experiences today?
Please share your thoughts, favorite quotes about happiness, helpful insights, and any stories with me in the comments.
Share these quotes about happiness with someone you love to see smiling.
You are loved.