When we feel like life is lacking, there’s merely a lack of gratitude. Shifting our perspective, we’ll find that we’ve been given far more than we have given (or at least that we’ve not had to carry certain hardships). These happy thanksgiving quotes speak of the real riches in life–the blessings overlooked, the beauty buried in the imperfections.
“Gratitude is the sign of noble souls.” – Aesop
Happy people don’t have everything, but they enjoy what they have. In this sense, perhaps the happiest people truly do have everything, because their gratitude makes possible an abundance of riches which are not conditional. Their wealth is dependent only on their thanksgiving, and not on their bank account.
It is when I forget to be thankful for what I’m blessed with that I lose sight of what really matters in life. And when that happens, happiness is not possible. Happiness is only possible when gratitude is present in the way I see the world.Gratitude changes everything. Click To Tweet
Through our thanksgiving, miracles spring from difficulties and joy burns out the pain. Little by little, our willingness to appreciate the totality of our lives–pains and pleasures, and everything in between–transforms life itself into a master work of blessings.
No, nothing is perfect, but we can still embrace all the imperfections of the journey, as best we can and as often as possible.
In fact, what I’ve found is that my appreciation of things and people actually attracts more opportunities to be appreciative. And so it is, that our grateful acknowledgement is a magnet for more of life’s true riches. As the saying goes, give thanks for a little and you will find a lot.
Enjoy these happy thanksgiving quotes, and remember always to return to gratitude if you feel like something is lacking.
24 Happy Thanksgiving Quotes
1. “I am grateful for what I am and have. My thanksgiving is perpetual… O how I laugh when I think of my vague indefinite riches. No run on my bank can drain it, for my wealth is not possession but enjoyment.” – Henry David Thoreau
2. “Real life isn’t always going to be perfect or go our way, but the recurring acknowledgment of what is working in our lives can help us not only to survive but surmount our difficulties.” – Sara Ban Breathnach
3. “The root of joy is gratefulness. It is not joy that makes us grateful; it is gratitude that makes us joyful.” – David Steindl-Rast“Happiness is itself a kind of gratitude.” – Joseph Wood Krutch Click To Tweet
5. “The first step toward discarding a scarcity mentality involves giving thanks for everything that you have.” – Dr. Wayne Dyer
6. “Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow.” – Melody Beattie
7. “There’s no happier person than a truly thankful, content person.” – Joyce Meyer“It is impossible to be negative while we are giving thanks.” – Donald Curtis Click To Tweet
9. “To give thanks in solitude is enough. Thanksgiving has wings and goes where it must go. Your prayer knows much more about it than you do.” – Victor Hugo
10. “The miracle of gratitude is that it shifts your perception to such an extent that it changes the world you see.” – Dr. Robert Holden, PhD
11. “Gratitude can transform common days into Thanksgiving, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings.” – William Arthur Ward“There is no joy without gratitude.” – Brene Brown Click To Tweet
13. “We tend to forget that happiness doesn’t come as a result of getting something we don’t have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.” – Frederick Keonig
14. “Be thankful for what you have and you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” – Oprah Winfrey
15. “Thanksgiving is one of my favorite days of the year because it reminds us to give thanks and to count our blessings. Suddenly, so many things become so little when we realize how blessed and lucky we are.” – Joyce Giraud“If you are really thankful, what do you do? You share.” – E. Clement Stone Click To Tweet
17. “Be thankful for what you have. Your life, no matter how bad you think it is, is someone else’s fairy tale.” – Wale Ayeni
18. “Success is finding satisfaction in giving a little more than you take.” – Christopher Reeve
19. “Love wholeheartedly, be surprised, give thanks and praise then you will discover the fullness of life.” – David Steindl-Rast“Thanksgiving, after all, is a word of action.” – W. J. Cameron Click To Tweet
21. “Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of our thanksgiving.” – W. T. Purkiser
22. “At times our own light goes out, and is rekindled by a spark from another person… Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.” – Albert Schweitzer“No gesture is too small when done in gratitude.” – Oprah Winfrey Click To Tweet
24. “Showing gratitude is one of the simplest yet most powerful things humans can do for each other.” – Rand Pausch
- What and who are you thankful for today?
- Which of these happy thanksgiving quotes really hit home for you?
- Are you willing to extend your gratitude on a more consistent basis?
- How has feeling and expressing your appreciation turned things around for you?
Please share your thoughts, favorite quotes, lessons, and any grateful experiences with me in the comments.
Share these happy thanksgiving quotes with someone you’re thankful for.
Happy thanksgiving, whatever day it is!