Often what feels like the end of the world is simply a challenging pathway to a far better place. Have patience, for someday this experience will be useful to you. These quotes about patience will gently lift you up so that you can see past the present emotion and into the possibility of the unknown.
“Those who are certain of the outcome can afford to wait, and wait without anxiety.” – A Course in Miracles
Sometimes what we want doesn’t happen when or how we want it to. Let us conjure up the strength to believe in a plan/process that’s bigger than our own.
Our answer may sometimes look like a “no,” when it really just means “not now” or “there’s something better for you.”
May these quotes about patience gently remind you of your capacity to trust, and to wait without anxiety. The ability is there for you, just as it is for everyone, yet it takes faith and persistence to strengthen our patience “muscle.”
Each day lends countless opportunities to build up our ability to keep a good attitude while waiting.
Remember, when it comes to patience, we must be patient. Patience is a practice, too.
21 Quotes about Patience to Ease Your Mind & Soothe Your Soul
1. “Be patient when it seems things are not going right and may never be right again. Accept that what is yours will come to you in the right way at just the right moment.” – Iyanla Vanzant
2. “Patience is not the ability to wait. Waiting is a fact of life. Patience is the ability to keep a good attitude while waiting.” – Joyce Meyer
3. “The moon and the sun learned long ago that, if each patiently waits its turn, they will both have their chance to shine.” – Unknown
4. “Genius is eternal patience.” – Michelangelo
6. “Patience is the calm acceptance that things can happen in a different order than the one you have in mind.” – David Allen
7. “Patience is not sitting and waiting, it is foreseeing. It is looking at the thorn and seeing the rose, looking at the night and seeing the day. Lovers are patient and know that the moon needs time to become full.” – Rumi
8. “I’ve learned that anything in life worth having comes from patience and hard work.” – Greg Behrendt
10. “Too often we pray to have Patience, but we want it right NOW.” – Robert D. Hales
11. “Patience is not passive waiting. Patience is active acceptance of the process required to attain your goals and dreams.” – Ray Davis
12. “Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.” – Mother Teresa
13. “The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not smashing it.” – Arnold H. Glasow
15. “Patience is the companion of wisdom.” – St. Augustine
16. “To be patient means to suffer something that hinders or hurts us, and still retain our self-composure. How many difficulties, with their consequent unpleasantness and discord, could be smoothed over and almost entirely eliminated by patience. Patience always elevates and strengthens our character. We need it not only with others, but also with ourselves.” – Swami Chinmayananda
17. “Patience and time do more than strength or passion.” – Jean de La Fontaine
19. “Be patient. Life will offer you another chance as soon as you find calm within, for abundance is born out of calmness.” – Leon Brown
20. “I believe in hope. I believe in believing. Believing that there is light through all this darkness.” – Lynn Knowlton
21. “Sometimes things fall apart so that better things can fall together.” – Marilyn Monroe
- How do you remain positive when your patience is being tested?
- Are you willing to see your experiences as teachers in patience, so that you can master the lessons and live in peace?
Please share any thoughts, positive practices, challenges and victories, lessons, and experiences with me in the comments.
Share these quotes about patience with someone who could use some peace of mind.
Believe in the positive possibilities that have yet to come your way. Be patient, because there is something good happening and it’s worth the time it takes to happen.
Love is patient.
Free floral graphic by Lisa Glanz; lettering by Aim Happy.