Learn to love the path you walk so much that you don’t give comparison a second thought, or chaos too much thought. Affirm that you will breathe, and that you will think of solutions once you’ve become calm—and you will become calm. These quotes about stress will help you soften your resistance to everything you want to feel.
“You will know you made the right decision; you feel the stress leaving your body, your mind, your life.” – Brigitte Nicole
Practice simply paying attention to how your thoughts make you feel. It’s exciting to recognize the thoughts that lead to good feelings, but there’s even value in noticing thoughts that make you feel bad, and seeing them manifest in your life experiences. You are a witness, then, to your own role.
When you are consciously aware of the feelings certain thought patterns offer—whether they’re good or bad feelings—you become aware of your power to control the direction of your thoughts and associated feelings, and thus you learn of your power to control how you experience your experiences.I am not a prisoner of things I cannot change; I am a deliberate creator of what I experience. Click To Tweet
The intent of this collection of quotes about stress is to help you become the witness to what you’re thinking and feeling, and seeing manifest in your life. With that witnessing, you garner the energy to harmonize your heart, head, and hands.
Also, I hope these quotes about stress gently encourage you to live for this moment. This moment is, of course, your life. This is exactly the place where life happens, and it’s the perfect place to begin your journey to where you want to be—no matter where you are right now, and no matter where you want to be.
20 Quotes about Stress to Help You Reach for a Better-Feeling Thought
1. “If you decide to focus on one thing at a time, instead of trying to solve everything at once, and just do that one thing, then you will feel a sudden decrease in stress.” – Gudjon Bergmann
2. “It’s a good idea always to do something relaxing prior to making an important decision in your life.” – Paulo Coelho
3. “Even as fire finds peace in its resting place without fuel, when thoughts become silence the soul finds peace in its own source. When the mind is silent, then it can enter into a world which is far beyond the mind. This is wisdom, and this is liberation” – The UpanishadsTake rest; a field that has rested gives a bountiful crop. – Ovid Click To Tweet
5. “One of the most beautiful realizations is that the struggle isn’t meant to last forever, and it won’t. That realization is really your awareness, and in your awareness lies your power to shift course.” – Jennifer Williamson
6. “Every day brings a choice: to practice stress or to practice peace.” – Joan Borysenko
7. “Next time you feel any discomfort… stop in the middle of it and say to yourself, ‘This discomfort that I’m feeling is nothing more than my own awareness of resistance. It’s time for me to relax and breathe, relax and breathe, relax and breathe.’ And you can, in seconds, bring yourself back into comfort.” – Abraham-Hicks“For fast-acting relief, try slowing down.” – Lily Tomlin Click To Tweet
9. “Peace is present right here and now, in ourselves and in everything we do and see. Every breath we take, every step we take, can be filled with peace, joy, and serenity. The question is whether or not we are in touch with it. We need only to be awake, alive in the present moment.” – Thich Nhat Hanh, Peace Is Every Step
10. “Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.” – Deepak Chopra
11. “In order to move on you must understand why you felt how you did and why you no longer need to feel it.” – Mitch AlbomNothing in the universe can stop you from letting go and starting over. – Guy Finley Click To Tweet
13. “When we long for life without difficulties, remind us that oaks grow strong in contrary winds and diamonds are made under pressure.” – Peter Marshall
14. “A diamond is a piece of charcoal that handled stress exceptionally well.” – Unknown
15. “You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something – your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life.” – Steve Jobs
16. “Success is buried on the other side of frustration.” – Tony Robbins
“17. Have no fear, you will find your way. It’s in your bones. It’s in your soul.” – Mark Z. DanielewskiAnxiety is one little tree in your forest. Step back and look at the whole forest. – Unknown Click To Tweet
19. “If you obsess over whether you are making the right decision, you are basically assuming that the universe will reward you for one thing and punish you for another. The universe has no fixed agenda. Once you make any decision, it works around that decision. There is no right or wrong, only a series of possibilities that shift with each thought, feeling, and action that you experience.” – Deepak Chopra
20. “Trust the wait. Embrace the uncertainty. Enjoy the beauty of becoming. When nothing is certain, anything is possible.” – Mandy Hale
Please share your favorite quotes about stress, how you replenish your peace of mind, what thoughts or practices help you regain your sense of calm and certainty, and any helpful or hopeful stories with me in the comments.
Share these quotes about stress with someone who loves to feel good.
You can reach for the next best-feeling thought and get to where you want to be… one thought at a time. Every second is a practice.