When we feel truly happy and loving towards life and everything in it, we feel closer to being who we really are; we feel more comfortable in our own skin, more at home, at ease, and free. It’s our truest nature to be easy with life, but sometimes it’s so hard for us to get there—that’s what these happy disposition quotes are for.
“You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.” – Max Ehrmann, Desiderata
Of course, there are times when any little thing makes us want to break down and shed tears. Yet, even so, happiness is not far. Happiness, in this sense, is equated to love and to the light which can never be put out. It’s something that’s inside of us, but seemingly not of us, that has the power to transform our mindset in any given moment.
Having a happy disposition, at its core, is both a reflection and a contributing factor of us accepting ourselves as we are, and accepting life as it is.“Our entire life consists ultimately in accepting ourselves as we are.” – Jean Anouilh Click To Tweet
It’s about learning to grow into an easier way of living, about learning to be kinder and less judgmental and more comfortable in who we are—and we actually are love, an expression of it, and a channel for it.
Love extends of itself, as does joy; it’s contagious and it wants to create more like itself. That’s why the more love we can bring into our lives, the more joy we find in our experiences.
May these happy disposition quotes inspire you to practice greeting the world with a positive attitude, for doing so is conducive to love and leaves less space for fear, hatred, and anger to linger in your life.
You have the power to live from an internal space of love, rather than merely reacting to the fearful world around you.
17 Happy Disposition Quotes to Inspire a Shift
1. “You can come out of the furnace of trouble two ways: if you let it consume you, you come out a cinder; but there is a kind of metal which refuses to be consumed, and comes out a star.” – Jean Church
2. “He who is of calm and happy nature will hardly feel the pressure of age, but to him who is of an opposite disposition youth and age are equally a burden.” – Plato
3. “Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking.” – Marcus Aurelius“A cloudy day is no match for a sunny disposition.” – William Arthur Ward Click To Tweet
5. “I am determined to be cheerful and happy in whatever situation I may find myself. For I have learned that the greater part of our misery or unhappiness is determined not by our circumstance but by our disposition.” – Martha Washington
6. “Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances.” – Benjamin Franklin
7. “You cannot be healthy; you cannot be happy; you cannot be prosperous; if you have a bad disposition.” – Emmet Fox“A person with a positive attitude is like a fruit of all seasons.” – Shiv Khera Click To Tweet
9. “A happy disposition is largely a disposition to make others happy. One life permeates all things, and there is no corner of the cosmos too remote to feel its heart throb.” – Henry Wood
10. “A strong positive mental attitude will create more miracles than any wonder drug.” – Patricia Neal
11. “A positive attitude gives you power over your circumstances instead of your circumstances having power over you.” – Joyce Meyer“The flower that follows the sun does so even on cloudy days.” – Robert Leighton Click To Tweet
13. “Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine.” – Anthony J. D’Angelo
14. “Positive thinking will let you do everything better than negative thinking will.” – Zig Ziglar
15. “Your personal power is that you can, through the might of your conscious focus, contribute something new to something that already is.” – Jennifer Williamson“I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions.” – Stephen Covey Click To Tweet
17. “A positive attitude causes a chain reaction of positive thoughts, events and outcomes. It is a catalyst and it sparks extraordinary results.” – Wade Boggs
- What’s one way you can transform something stressful into something helpful, imbuing a perceived problem with hope?
- What thoughts, practices, or people help remind you to embrace a happy disposition, especially when it’s difficult?
Please share your own thoughts, favorite quotes about carrying a happy disposition, lessons you’ve learned in choosing the way you travel, and any helpful or hopeful stories of personal change with me in the comments.
Share these happy disposition quotes with someone you love to see smiling.
Happiness is not far, no matter how we feel. It’s an acceptance of life as it is given to us, mystery and all, and using that acceptance as a positive, powerful influence in the world. It only takes a moment to realign with that internal power, that inner light that’s always, somewhere, shining.
Watercolor stars by martinacecilia; lettering by Aim Happy.