Our thoughts are like the steering wheel of our focus, pointing us in the direction we’re headed. Negative thoughts tend to keep us either looking in the rear-view mirror, wishing for a better past, or stressing out about the roadblocks that might be up ahead. These positive thoughts for today will meet you where you’re at–you’re in the right place.
“Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking.” – Marcus Aurelius
Of course, positive thoughts are only wishes if we don’t let them alter our emotions and fuel our actions. Through our willingness, the positive thoughts we think generate positive feelings in our being, and inspire positive actions in our world.
By handpicking happy thoughts and slowly softening the negative ones that don’t serve us so well, we effectively redirect our focus, pointing ourselves to beautiful places.
Rather than aimlessly driving down a darkened path of despair, each pick some positive thoughts for today that take you forward, and into your truth.
I hope these positive thoughts for today inspire you to embrace more joy-filled decisions and a lighthearted perspective. A happy life is lived one day at a time, after all, and if we’re to create a happier life, we’ll begin right here and now, using the tools we have (e.g. perspective, choice) to craft a more positive outlook for the future.
Choose whichever positive thoughts strike you as worthy copilots on your road to happiness.
16 Meaningful, Positive Thoughts for Today
1. Every experience I have leads me to a greater understanding of the world, of who I am, and of what my purpose here is.
2. Unhappiness comes whenever I withhold love from the situation. If I am unhappy, I know I must let my love be bigger.
3. If can be at peace with myself, I can be at peace with the world around me.
4. As long as I stay willing to shift my perspective, I will eventually stop stressing out and start relaxing again.
5. When I shine a light on fear, when I face it and call it by its name, it somehow dissolves as if it was never really anything to worry about anyhow.
6. Everything appears to me to be a lesson, and if that’s so, then I don’t need to know everything. I can keep learning and evolving without needing to be perfect along the way.
7. I can be productive yet calm. My world can be externally chaotic yet internally peaceful. This is not a paradox, yet a beautiful demonstration of my ability to create my own world, one I want to live in.
8. Every time I forgive someone else, I feel like I have been forgiven.
9. Every time I forgive myself, how quickly I find that peace touches my shoulder.
10. Every time I forgive the situation, my vision is pulled toward the good experiences.
11. Tears are a show of strength, not weakness. Sadness doesn’t have to be crippling, but it can be humbling. Crying can actually make me feel stronger.
12. The energy I consciously bring with me is most definitely the energy in which I live. What I give my energy to grows, and I grow in it.
13. The more moments I spend being grateful, the more there is to be thankful for.
14. The more I focus on finding the beauty, the more beauty appears around me.
15. If I am happy, the universe seems to be happy with me.
16. When I hold joyous visions for myself, visualizing the wonderful feelings I have yet to encounter, the joys of tomorrow become available today.
- Do you have any of your own positive thoughts for today that you would like to add to this collection?
- What happy lessons have you learned so far in life?
Please share your favorite thoughts, and any other positive thoughts for today, with me in the comments.
Share these messages with someone you care about.
You never know who or how you’re going to inspire today.
Free feather clip art by Angie Makes; lettering by Aim Happy.