There’s no place like home, and there is no stronger foundation for one’s life as a loving atmosphere at home. May these house blessings inspire you to grow and nurture love, kindness, respect, forgiveness, acceptance, peace, light, and happiness at home.
“Having somewhere to go is home. Having someone to love is family. Having both is a blessing.” – Donna Hedges
Love begins at home. Home is where compassion lives and respect is treasured. It is where each one gives and forgives, loves, cares, and helps one another, whether friend or kin. It’s where love begins, never ends, just keeps continuing on.
These house blessings are for all who agree with the sentiments of love.
May you find something you love among this gathering of house blessings. I’ve quoted the sources of these blessings to the best of my research abilities, yet some remain unknown to me. If you happen to come across a verse that is not sourced and you know of its origins, please let me know.
May your home be your happy place…
15 House Blessings to Love by and Live by
1. “May your troubles be less and your blessings be more, and nothing but happiness come through your door.” – Irish Blessing
2. “May this home be a place of happiness and health; of contentment, generosity and home; a home of creativity and kindness. May those who visit and those who live here know only blessing and peace.” – Unknown
3. “May all who enter do so with a happy heart. May all who live here be showered with love and sheltered by hope, graced each day with a grateful spirit. And through life’s trials, may each heart keep its compassion, comforted by the peace kept within these walls.” – J.W.
4. “May this home be blessed with the laughter of children, the warmth of a close family, hope for the future and fond memories of the past.” – Unknown
5. “May you be blessed with warmth in your home, love in your heart, peace in your soul and joy in your life.” – Irish Blessing
6. “In our home let love abide and bless all those who step inside.” – Unknown
7. “May your walls know joy, may every room hold laughter, and every window open to great possibility.” – Mary Anne
8. “Namaste: I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light, and of peace. When you are in that place in you, and I am in that place in me, we are one.” – A translation of the ancient Hindu salutation
9. “May this home be a resting place for the soul, offering always a tender hand to hold, forever filled with love even after our bodies grow old.” – J.W.
10. “May you always be blessed with walls for the winds, a roof for the rain, tea beside the fire, laughter to cheer you, those you love near you, and all that your heart might desire.” – Irish Blessing
11. “May this home be blessed. May good fortune follow those who pass through this door. May this floor lighten the steps of all who tread upon its surface and also provide a stable place to stand. May these walls soak in the rich sounds of laughter and loving, and offer protection from the fiercest winds. May this roof hold strong and these roots sink deep. This is home: A place of safety and joy, a place to rest and create, a place for me.” – Unknown
12. “Bread, that this house may never know hunger. Salt, that life may always have flavor. And wine, that joy and prosperity may reign forever.” – It’s a Wonderful Life
13. “May your days be many and your troubles be few. May all God’s blessings descend upon you. May peace be within you; may your heart be strong. May you find what you’re seeking wherever you roam.” – Irish Blessing
14. “May this home be where you come back to feel alive, not a place to store your worries but a place to let joy thrive. May any darkness be graced with light and may you find comfort and rest each night. May this home be more than a collection of rooms; may this be a space to let love bloom.” – J.W.
15. “May love and laughter light your days, and warm your heart and home. May good and faithful friends be yours, wherever you may roam. May peace and plenty bless your world, with joy that long endures. May all life’s passing seasons bring the best to you and yours.” – Irish Blessing
- Which of these house blessings do you enjoy the most?
- Are there any you love that aren’t in this collection?
- What “house rules” do you live by?
- What values do you cherish at home?
Please share with me your own thoughts, values, inspiring messages, and what you love most about home.
Share these house blessings with someone who might love them.
Oliver Wendell Holmes’ words ring true: “Where we love is home, home that our feet may leave, but not our hearts.”
Free vintage frame clip art by Angie Makes; lettering by Aim Happy.